Part 1, p. 1 – 39
1. What is Kien's job at the start of The Sorrow of War, while he is in the transport truck?
(b) Body Collector
2. Who is Phuong?
(a) Kien's sister
(b) Kien's lover
(c) A fellow soldier
(d) Kien's mother
3. Where is Kien when he starts reliving his experiences?
(b) The Jungle of Screaming Souls
(c) The Forest of Lost Hope
4. What War did Kien Fight on, and on which side?
(a) Allied's, Second World War
(b) North Vietnamese, Vietnam War
(c) Communist China, Second World War
(d) Guerillas, Combodia
5. Why was Kien thinking about executing the commandos?
(a) They killed civilians
(b) They ambushed his platoon
(c) They were fighting for the Americans
(d) They insulted Phuong
6. What did the character of Can try to do?
(a) Sacrifice himself for his comrades
(b) Attack Kien because of a private insult
(c) Steal food because he was hungry
(d) Escape from the war
7. What position did Kien hold in the War?
(a) Brigadier General
(b) Platoon commander
(d) Truck Driver
This section contains 4,162 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)