|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palamedes learn from Nicholas?
(a) Nicholas will die within hours.
(b) Where to go in Stonehenge.
(c) Perenelle has escaped Alcatraz.
(d) Joan and St. Germaine are stuck in a primitive ear.
2. What does Cernunnos say will soon no longer exist?
(c) His Thoughtform.
3. What does Josh observe?
(a) The power of water from above.
(b) The way fire magic is delayed magic.
(c) The way Gilgamesh interlaces different aspects of magic.
(d) The black streak in Gilgamesh's aura.
4. Whose car does Perenelle use to go meet the twins and other?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Jesse James.
5. How is Cernunnos able to track Nicholas and the rest of his group?
(a) Through his sense of smell.
(b) Through isolating their thought patterns.
(c) Through a scrying bowl.
(d) By searching the ether for their individual ectoplasm.
6. What does Nicholas worry that the King will not remember?
(a) Why he is there.
(b) His magic.
(c) His homeland.
(d) Who helped him.
7. How does Dee find the direction the twins are moving?
(a) Asking the Horned God.
(b) Using Excalibur like a compass.
(c) Sending one of the wolves to follow them.
(d) Using his scrying crystal.
8. About what do Nicholas and Gilgamesh argue?
(a) The use of the twins.
(b) Leaving the twins in safety or taking them with the men.
(c) Where to go next.
(d) Rescuing Perenelle.
9. How does Josh realize how much he has changed?
(a) When he guards his sister even when it might mean his death.
(b) When he is able to hold his own against Archon.
(c) When he is able to hold his own against Cernunnos.
(d) When he chooses the well-being of others over his own desires.
10. Where do the twins and the rest of their group arrive after opening the ley lines?
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) They go nowhere.
(d) Just north of San Francisco.
11. For what does Dee blame himself?
(a) The loss of Excalibur.
(b) The escape of the twins.
(c) Archon's death.
(d) The loss of Clarent.
12. Why does Alaya say goodbye to Perenelle?
(a) He is going to go harrass Machiavelli.
(b) He must obey the Crow Goddess' summon.
(c) He can only travel using ley lines.
(d) He cannot leave Alcatraz.
13. Who is Francis?
(a) A famous rock star.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A boat captain.
(d) A botanist wizard.
14. How does the Crow Goddess pay back a debt to the Sorceress?
(a) By having her crows attack Machiavelli and Billy the Kid.
(b) By flying Machiavelli and Jesse James off the island.
(c) By leading Machiavelli and his companion away from Perenelle.
(d) By killing Jesse James.
15. What happens when Nicholas comes out of hiding in the car?
(a) The king is delighted.
(b) The king is shocked and feels threatened.
(c) The king pulls out his pipe.
(d) The king is amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reinforces the twins' distrust of Nicholas?
2. What does Machiavelli sense?
3. How does Josh react to Gilgamesh's first teaching?
4. Why does Josh have to test his creativity with water?
5. What does the King say he cannot distinguish?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)