|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Gilgamesh believe about Sophie?
(a) Her inner strength is greater than she realizes.
(b) She is very talented in magic.
(c) She is very humble.
(d) He has met her before.
2. Who meets Machiavelli at the San Francisco airport?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Billy the Kidd.
(c) George Custer.
(d) Jesse James.
3. How does Josh realize how much he has changed?
(a) When he guards his sister even when it might mean his death.
(b) When he chooses the well-being of others over his own desires.
(c) When he is able to hold his own against Archon.
(d) When he is able to hold his own against Cernunnos.
4. What does Dee contemplate in his hiding place?
(a) Killing Perenelle.
(b) His limited options.
(c) Joining with Nicholas to keep the Elders from returning.
(d) Joining with Archon to destroy the twins.
5. For what does Dee blame himself?
(a) Archon's death.
(b) The loss of Clarent.
(c) The escape of the twins.
(d) The loss of Excalibur.
6. What heals Dee?
(b) Putting Clarent and Excalibur together.
(c) The energy from the ley lines.
7. What will happen to Josh if he continues to carry Clarent?
(a) He can hide from Dee.
(b) He cannot be attacked.
(c) He can move rapidly through the ether.
(d) He will lose his memories.
8. Why is Palamedes going into the village?
(a) To make a phone call.
(b) To pick up someone.
(c) For supplies.
(d) To get the newspaper.
9. What does Machiavelli receive from John Dee?
(a) A warning from Cernunnos.
(b) A crystal to unlock the monsters' sleep.
(c) A letter and photo.
(d) A warning from Bastet.
10. How does Nicholas realize there is an intruder?
(a) A strange smell.
(b) An orange glow.
(c) A red glow.
(d) A strange noise.
11. Who comes out of the shadows where Machiavelli is located?
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Archon.
(d) John Dee.
12. What does Cernunnos say will soon no longer exist?
(c) His Thoughtform.
13. How does Josh stop the police who are following them?
(a) Making the road oily.
(b) Making the road icy.
(c) A heavy fog.
(d) Using torrential rain.
14. What does Josh realize they must do despite the help that arrives?
(a) Get back in the car and flee.
(b) Leave the injured Nicholas and Gilgamesh behind.
(d) Stand and fight.
15. Where are the creatures from the become visible to Joan and Scatty?
(a) They are animated skeletons from the Natural museum.
(b) From the Elders' dimension.
(c) The Plestocene Epoch.
(d) John Dee's secret sanctuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magic does Gilgamesh first teach?
2. What happens right after Josh falls towards the blue water?
3. Where is Dee hiding in Chapter 48?
4. Where does Machiavelli believe Flamel and the others are headed?
5. Whose appearance surprises Sophie?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)