|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What encouraging phone call does Machiavelli receive?
(a) Palamedes is on his way there.
(b) Nicholas is dying.
(c) His trap has worked.
(d) Perenelle has not yet escaped Alcatraz.
2. Where does Machiavelli believe Flamel and the others are headed?
(a) London Square.
3. What does Nicholas worry that the King will not remember?
(a) Why he is there.
(b) His homeland.
(c) His magic.
(d) Who helped him.
4. To whom does Machiavelli speak on Alcatrz?
(a) Jesse James.
(c) The Crow Goddess.
5. What book do the twins agree to hand over?
(a) The Cyclic.
(b) The Book of Abraham.
(c) The Cypher.
(d) The Gilan Overtrains.
6. Why doesn't Sophie judge King Gilgamesh?
(a) She has learned that things are not always as they appear.
(b) He seems mentally unbalanced.
(c) He is so kind.
(d) He is too kingly.
7. Who is Francis?
(a) A boat captain.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A botanist wizard.
(d) A famous rock star.
8. Where does the king say the group needs to go quickly?
(a) The dimension gate.
(b) The ley gate.
(c) The tower.
(d) The shore.
9. What does Dee contemplate in his hiding place?
(a) Joining with Nicholas to keep the Elders from returning.
(b) Killing Perenelle.
(c) Joining with Archon to destroy the twins.
(d) His limited options.
10. Whose appearance surprises Sophie?
(d) King Gilgamesh.
11. What does Perenelle do to get off Acatraz?
(a) Trap Machiavelli and Jesse James.
(b) Get a ride on the Crow Goddess' back.
(c) Takes Machiavelli's boat.
(d) Kill Machiavelli and Billy the Kid.
12. For what do Machiavelli and his Elder master think Nicholas might use ley lines?
(a) Calling up more power.
(b) Getting to San Francisco.
(c) Overcoming the Horned God.
(d) Killing the rest of the wild hunt.
13. Who comes out of the shadows where Machiavelli is located?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) John Dee.
(d) The Archon.
14. Where do Joan and Scatty arrive with little trouble?
(a) The outskirts of Vancouver.
(c) The park where the twins and Gilgamesh are working.
(d) Point zero.
15. Why does Alaya say goodbye to Perenelle?
(a) He must obey the Crow Goddess' summon.
(b) He can only travel using ley lines.
(c) He cannot leave Alcatraz.
(d) He is going to go harrass Machiavelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the twins and Gilagamesh go in Chapter 54?
2. What is left behind in the field as Nicholas and the others make their escape?
3. What happens right after Josh falls towards the blue water?
4. What does Gilgamesh jot in his notebook?
5. To whom does Cernunnos send something?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)