|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Machiavelli speak on Alcatrz?
(b) Jesse James.
(c) The Crow Goddess.
2. What happens when Nicholas comes out of hiding in the car?
(a) The king is amused.
(b) The king pulls out his pipe.
(c) The king is shocked and feels threatened.
(d) The king is delighted.
3. Where do the twins and Gilagamesh go in Chapter 54?
(a) A small park on a lake.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A castle.
(d) The barn.
4. What does Machiavelli do despite Dee asking him not to?
(a) Tells Archon of Dee's plans.
(b) Tells the London authorities that the twins are involved in the explosions.
(c) Sends Perenelle a message.
(d) Contacts his Elder master.
5. What magic does Gilgamesh first teach?
6. How is Cernunnos able to track Nicholas and the rest of his group?
(a) Through his sense of smell.
(b) Through a scrying bowl.
(c) By searching the ether for their individual ectoplasm.
(d) Through isolating their thought patterns.
7. What reinforces the twins' distrust of Nicholas?
(a) King Gilgamesh's treatment of Nicholas.
(b) The unfeeling way he discusses former twins.
(c) The way he hides his phone conversations.
(d) The way he seems to know King Gilgamesh so well.
8. How does the Crow Goddess pay back a debt to the Sorceress?
(a) By leading Machiavelli and his companion away from Perenelle.
(b) By killing Jesse James.
(c) By having her crows attack Machiavelli and Billy the Kid.
(d) By flying Machiavelli and Jesse James off the island.
9. What does Machiavelli hear as they are following the Crow Goddess?
(a) The roar of large animals.
(b) The caw of millions of crows.
(c) The sound of a boat motor.
(d) The cries of the Alcatraz ghosts.
10. What does Gilgamesh jot in his notebook?
(a) Everyone's names.
(b) The names of his eleven children.
(c) A map of Wales.
(d) The day's important event.
11. What heals Dee?
(a) Putting Clarent and Excalibur together.
(b) The energy from the ley lines.
12. What does Nicholas worry that the King will not remember?
(a) Who helped him.
(b) His homeland.
(c) His magic.
(d) Why he is there.
13. Where is Dee hiding in Chapter 48?
(a) In a safe house in Paris.
(b) In the catacombs under Rome.
(c) Somewhere near Alcatraz.
(d) In his office in London.
14. Whose appearance surprises Sophie?
(c) King Gilgamesh.
15. Why doesn't Sophie judge King Gilgamesh?
(a) She has learned that things are not always as they appear.
(b) He is so kind.
(c) He seems mentally unbalanced.
(d) He is too kingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee contemplate in his hiding place?
2. What does Palamedes learn from Nicholas?
3. To whom does Cernunnos send something?
4. What does Josh observe?
5. Where do Joan and Scatty arrive with little trouble?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)