|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shakespeare doing what he decides to do?
(a) He believes he owes a debt.
(b) He wants to be on the winning side.
(c) He hates Dee for what Dee did to Shakespeare's wife.
(d) He is fearful.
2. What captures Perenelle in Chapter 35?
(a) Badb's web.
(b) Morrigan's web.
(c) A mythical creature.
(d) Nereus' tentacles.
3. Who realizes the true power of the Sorceress in Chapter 25?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(c) The Sphinx.
4. How many humans are on Alcatraz when Chapter 17 opens?
(b) A dozen.
5. About what is Juan Manuel de Ayala happy?
(a) To find a way off Alcatraz.
(b) Perenelle has brought food and water to Alcatraz.
(c) To see Perenelle alive.
(d) He is about to be married.
6. What does Nicholas struggle to do in the ally?
(a) Take on one Genii at a time.
(b) Get Sophie and Josh up on the roof of a building.
(c) Keep Sophie and Josh from using their powers.
(d) Send for help without using too much power.
7. Who does Niccolo have trailed?
(a) Jesse James.
8. What does Sophie want for herself?
(a) To go back to her ordinary life.
(b) To get away from Nicholas and Perenelle.
(c) To develop her newfound talents.
(d) To fight the evil threatening the earth.
9. Whose scrying spell does Dee use to spy on Perenelle?
(a) One Mars teaches him.
(b) One John Dee learned from Shakespeare.
(c) One that he found in a thousand-year-old text.
(d) He does not need a scrying spell for what he's doing.
10. Who are Badb and Macha?
(a) The Morrigan's mother and grandmother.
(b) The Morrigan's mortal enemies.
(c) The Morrigan's daughters.
(d) The Morrigan's sisters.
11. What preparations is Nicolas taking to contact Perenelle?
(a) Setting up a screen and scrying spell.
(b) Drawing a pentagram and lighting candles.
(c) Having the twins lie down so he can use their power.
(d) Creating a spy-proof room.
12. Whom does Shakespeare want to destroy?
13. Who leads the dark forces?
(a) Free and Mark Elders.
(b) Dee and Dark Elders.
(c) Dawn and Early Eldritch.
(d) The leaders change frequently with assassinations.
14. Upon what does the Crow Goddess feast?
(a) Only human flesh.
(b) Fears of the dying.
(c) Only animal flesh.
(d) The experiences of all crows and ravens.
15. Why is the speaker aging quickly?
(a) A curse put on him.
(b) It runs in the family.
(c) Using his powers more frequently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who formed an alliance with Perenelle?
2. What is Niccolo's main interest in the Elders?
3. What is in the puddle in which the leader of the pursuers steps?
4. Upon what design is the scrapyard built?
5. Who stands to one side to observe the battle?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)