|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what design is the scrapyard built?
(a) Nothing in particular.
2. What does Josh's mind automatically recall?
(a) Perenelle's instructions.
(b) His grandfather's instructions for sword fighting.
(c) The spells for activating a protection shield.
(d) Mars' knowledge.
3. How many humans are on Alcatraz when Chapter 17 opens?
(a) A dozen.
4. What does Machiavelli wonder about when he is talking to one of his allies?
(a) Why Nicholas has to help Perenelle.
(b) The connection between events in London and Alcatraz that took place simultaneously.
(c) If Perenelle has weakened since she needed help.
(d) If Perenelle killed Bastet.
5. Why does Shakespeare want the Elders to return?
(a) To clean up the pollution on the earth.
(b) To save earth from the humani.
(c) To bring back those he love who are dead.
(d) To give Shakespeare greater powers.
6. About what does the Sphinx wonder aloud?
(a) Perenelle's strange energy pattern.
(b) Perenelle's strong aura.
(c) Perenelle's husband's powers.
(d) The Elder who captured Perenelle.
7. Who leads the dark forces?
(a) Dawn and Early Eldritch.
(b) Free and Mark Elders.
(c) Dee and Dark Elders.
(d) The leaders change frequently with assassinations.
8. Who does Josh fight across the oil moat?
(a) The Archon.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) John Dee.
9. What shocks Palamedes about the sword Excalibur?
(a) It is actually Clarent.
(b) The runes on it have changed.
(c) It is rusted and is not supposed to be corruptible.
(d) It is in the scrapyard.
10. What does Machiavelli decide to do to the monsters at Alcatraz?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Waken them.
(c) Let them loose in San Francisco.
(d) Use them in a power ceremony.
11. Why does Juan Manuel de Ayala lead Perenelle into the shadows?
(a) To lure her to a vampire's den.
(b) To show her something.
(c) To attack her.
(d) To lure her to a spider's web.
12. What captures Perenelle in Chapter 35?
(a) Nereus' tentacles.
(b) A mythical creature.
(c) Morrigan's web.
(d) Badb's web.
13. Of what group are all creatures of mythology?
(a) The Olympic gods.
(b) Satan's minions.
(c) The Elder race.
(d) The Illumnati.
14. What does Bastet ask John Dee?
(a) If he wants to become an Elder.
(b) If he can free Mars.
(c) If he wants to help bring the Elders back.
(d) If he will give her his soul in exchange for immortality that cannot be taken back.
15. What does Josh attempt to hold that causes him pain?
(a) Excalibur and the Staff of Life.
(b) The diadem of the Horned God.
(c) Just Clarent.
(d) Both Clarent and Excalibur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for Elder Mars Ultor?
2. What do Flamel's group debate while waiting for the attack?
3. Who formed an alliance with Perenelle?
4. What does Niccolo learn about where Dee is going?
5. To what can an Elder return a human?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)