|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thea tell Bowers she does not want to do for more money?
(b) Dress more revealing.
(c) Compliment his students.
(d) Smile for it.
2. What do the Ramos brothers admire so much in Thea?
(a) Her chess skills.
(b) Her skills at debate.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) How she drinks alcohol even though the other ladies do not.
3. Who provides music for the Mexican ball?
(a) Wunsch, who has since sobered up.
(b) The Chicago orchestra.
(c) Johnny and his friends.
(d) A visiting troupe of Mexican folklore musicians.
4. Why does Anna think Thea should not practice secular music on Sundays?
(a) Because she has to listen to music at church all day anyway.
(b) Because it is improper.
(c) Because she needs to give her fingers a break.
(d) Because she never practices it on any other day.
5. What language does Wunsch tell Thea she must learn if she is to sing well?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Archie give Wunsch a sedative upon bringing him home after discovering him wrapped in a blanket?
2. What does Harsanyi tell Thea about making the decision to encourage her to study voice?
3. What kind of orchestra does Thea go to hear in Chicago?
4. Who confirms to Harsanyi that Madison Bowers is the best voice teacher in the city?
5. In what month do Archie and Thea bump into each other in the middle of the night?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)