|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters XVI - XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tillie think about Thea?
(a) That she will someday be great.
(b) That she is spoiled.
(c) That she is beautiful, but dumb.
(d) That she is guilty of a crime.
2. What does Ray Kennedy do for a living?
(a) Works at a gas station.
(b) Works on trains.
(c) Builds houses.
(d) Works as a dentist.
3. Where does Thea first discover "Orpheus"?
(a) On Wunsch's piano.
(b) In a music shop.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) In her school library.
4. What does Thea admit to Archie that she hopes she can do in her life?
(a) Marry for looks and not money.
(b) Learn something well.
(c) Sing better than any Italian opera singer.
(d) Live a simple life with family and be happy.
5. What does Thea bring to Archie's house to pick berries?
(a) A large basket.
(b) A cake as a thank-you gift.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) A book of piano music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Thea chosen to study music?
2. Where does the tramp go to die?
3. Where does Ray promise to take Thea one day?
4. Who is Aunt Tillie?
5. What language does Wunsch tell Thea she must learn if she is to sing well?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)