|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Message From Aru.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What species did Quammen search for at Aru?
(b) Green heron.
(c) Bird of Paradise.
2. What tragedy struck Wallace on his return to England?
(b) He became sick and nearly died.
(c) He lost his specimens and notes in a shipwreck.
(d) Someone else arrived in England a few weeks before him with similar specimens.
3. Which scientist compared animals on islands with their counterparts on larger landmasses?
4. How long after the eruption did it take for 271 species to be counted at Krakatau?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. Why was the thylacine killed off?
(a) Because it preyed on colonists' sheep and was hunted.
(b) Because invasive species competed more successfully for food.
(c) Because it lost its habitat to colonists.
(d) Because its eggs were collected by sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many indri are living in the forests Quammen visited?
2. What does Quammen say the indri's future looks like?
3. How many Mauritius kestrels were still in existence at the species' lowest point?
4. What assertion did Frank Preston make based on his data?
5. How would you describe Quammen's style?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)