|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Message From Aru.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Quammen say his field became a field of inquiry?
(a) With MacArthur and Wilson.
(b) With Alfred Wallace.
(c) With Quammen.
(d) With Darwin.
2. What was the special creation theory?
(a) The theory that the universe was created especially for man's comfort.
(b) The theory that man was specifically created out of the best traits of the other animals.
(c) The idea that God made each species for its environment.
(d) The theory that species developed only the most aesthetic traits.
3. What does Quammen describe about Bedo?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His tragic death.
(c) His research projects.
(d) His departure from his homeland.
4. What does Quammen say increases as individuals breed with genetically similar individuals?
(a) Congenital flaws.
(b) Hostility in breeding.
(c) Birth defects.
(d) Anxiety and reproductive complications.
5. How many indri are living in the forests Quammen visited?
(c) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quammen believe happened to Bedo?
2. How many pieces does Quammen ask the reader to imagine the rug being cut into?
3. What is the relationship Quammen develops between the imaginary rug and ecosystems?
4. Where do the indri live?
5. What does Michael Soule study?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)