|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Message From Aru.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the case of the muriqui different from the case of the Mauritius kestrel?
(a) The muriqui had much smaller batches of offspring.
(b) The muriqui lived in forests that were valuable for their hardwoods.
(c) The muriqui was not an island species.
(d) The muriqui was a mammal, and did not reach sexual maturity until its third year.
2. What would Carl Jones feed to the wild Mauritius kestrels?
3. What had happened to the smaller reserves in Lovejoy's plan?
(a) They took longer to arrive at an equilibrium of species.
(b) They unraveled quickly.
(c) They arrived at an equilibrium with a higher density than some larger reserves.
(d) They swelled with species.
4. What habitats did researchers have to examine in the Texas case?
(b) Hillsides for burrows.
(d) Deep sections in the water.
5. What is the literary term that describes Quammen's addressing the reader directly?
(d) Indirect discourse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation did Wilson make to Quammen?
2. What ecosystem does Wallace distinguish from ecosystems that developed in isolation?
3. When does Quammen say his field became a field of inquiry?
4. When did the dodo go extinct?
5. What did Frank Preston say made up the majority of species in any ecosystem?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)