|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Message From Aru.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirmed to Quammen that this site in fact existed?
(a) His graduate assistant.
(d) Researchers on the island.
2. How did Wallace put Darwin in a tough spot, according to Quammen?
(a) By telling him about his work.
(b) By having used some of Darwin's observations in his own work.
(c) By having looked at Darwin's theories before he published his own.
(d) By publishing his theory first.
3. How many individuals were thought to be required for long-term genetic adaptability?
4. How many species would an island of 4,000 square miles have, according to Quammen?
5. Whose reactions does Quammen record, in relation to Bedo's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Carl Jones feed to the wild Mauritius kestrels?
2. What theory did Dan Simberloff and Lawrence Abele challenge in an article?
3. What species did Quammen search for at Aru?
4. How would you describe Quammen's vocabulary?
5. What does Quammen say was found to play a role in the minimum viable population?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)