|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Song of the Indri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Quammen say isolates can occur?
(a) Only on islands.
(b) On islands and on land.
(c) Only in areas separated by steep mountains or deserts.
(d) In the bottoms of lakes.
2. What did the dodo eat?
(c) Other birds.
(d) Small mammals and snakes.
3. What did Wilson show Quammen when the two men visited?
(a) Letters people had written to Wilson and MacArthur about their theories.
(b) Drafts of the papers that defined biogeography.
(c) A slide show of how Wilson and MacArthur developed their theory.
(d) Specimens that had helped Wilson and MacArthur develop their theory.
4. What traits did sailors notice in animals on remote islands?
(a) They were more varied than species on land.
(b) They adapted more quickly to environmental changes than animals on larger land masses.
(c) They were unafraid of humans, and thus easy prey.
(d) They were smaller and harder to observe than their counterparts on land.
5. What question does Quammen say was debated for years after Darwin's theories were published?
(a) Whether he stole his work from Wallace.
(b) Whether he owed Wallace for the material he borrowed.
(c) Whether he acted honorably toward Wallace.
(d) Whether he developed the theory of evolution on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank Preston study?
2. What does Quammen say the indri's future looks like?
3. What data does William Newmark look at in his studies?
4. How does Quammen say islands are sometimes formed?
5. What condition would help a species breed out harmful genes?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)