|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hedgehog of the Amazon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Quammen go to study temrecs?
(a) Sri Lanka.
(b) New Zealand.
2. How many species did Wilson and MacArthur predict would establish an equilibrium in Krakatau?
3. What is the Guam rail?
(a) A marsupial.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A dog.
4. Why were people cutting down the forests in the place where Lovejoy implemented his plan?
(a) To build cities.
(b) To make wildlife extinct.
(c) To mine resources.
(d) To make rangeland.
5. How did the data from Krakatau match Wilson and MacArthur's predictions?
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank Preston study?
2. What did Wilson and MacArthur postulate according to Quammen?
3. What does Quammen say Wallace developed in South America?
4. When does Quammen say his field became a field of inquiry?
5. What did Wilson and MacArthur say about the immigration of new species in an island ecosystem?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)