|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hedgehog of the Amazon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy struck Wallace on his return to England?
(a) Someone else arrived in England a few weeks before him with similar specimens.
(b) He lost his specimens and notes in a shipwreck.
(d) He became sick and nearly died.
2. What was Tasmania's environmental history, according to Quammen?
(a) It was isolated by a growing mountain range in India.
(b) It was formed by a volcano in the sea.
(c) It was separated from Australia by water.
(d) It experienced a catastrophic eruption that killed off everything on the island, before life returned slowly.
3. What literary device describes the questions David Quammen asks about the rug?
(a) Leading question.
(c) Rhetorical question.
4. When did Wilson and MacArthur publish 'An Equilibrium Theory of Insular Zoogeography'?
5. When does Quammen say his field became a field of inquiry?
(a) With Darwin.
(b) With Quammen.
(c) With Alfred Wallace.
(d) With MacArthur and Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the state of Lovejoy's plan when Quammen visited the sites with him?
2. Why was the thylacine killed off?
3. What is the difference between an isolate and a sample?
4. How did humans hurt the dodo population indirectly?
5. What does Lawrence Abele study?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)