|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rarity Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Owen Griffiths?
(a) A bird researcher in Australia.
(b) A sailor from the 18th century.
(c) An insect researcher in Madagascar.
(d) A monkey researcher in Mauritius.
2. What were the first plants to arrive after the eruption of Krakatau?
(d) Mosses and ferns.
3. What is the tone of Quammen's writing in the opening chapter?
4. What does Quammen interject into his historical narrative about ecosystem studies?
(a) Apocalyptic visions.
(b) Personal stories.
(c) Sociological insights.
5. How did Wallace put Darwin in a tough spot, according to Quammen?
(a) By having looked at Darwin's theories before he published his own.
(b) By having used some of Darwin's observations in his own work.
(c) By publishing his theory first.
(d) By telling him about his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What population does Quammen compare with the thylacine population?
2. Who did Robert Bates work with?
3. Where did Wallace travel after the Amazon?
4. Why is Krakatau scientifically important?
5. How does Quammen say lizards probably arrived at Krakatau?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)