|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through So Huge A Bignes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pieces does Quammen ask the reader to imagine the rug being cut into?
2. What literary device describes the questions David Quammen asks about the rug?
(a) Leading question.
(b) Rhetorical question.
3. What is the term that encompasses David Quammen's overall idea?
(a) Ecosystem collapse.
(b) Survival of the fittest.
(c) Functional adaptation.
(d) Island biogeography.
4. How would you describe Quammen's vocabulary?
(b) Technical and precise.
5. Which scientist compared animals on islands with their counterparts on larger landmasses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a species have if it has high dispersal ability?
2. Where did Wallace travel after the Amazon?
3. How would you describe Quammen's style?
4. What is Quammen really describing as he imagines the hacked up rug?
5. When does Quammen say his field became a field of inquiry?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)