|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Coming Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did humans hurt the dodo population indirectly?
(a) By competing for the dodo's food supply themselves.
(b) By breaking up dodo populations for colonization to other islands.
(c) By collecting too many dodos for scientific study.
(d) By introducing competitors for food.
2. When did Krakatau erupt?
3. What turnover rate did Wilson and MacArthur predict for Krakatau?
(a) Three species a year.
(b) Ten species a year.
(c) Five species a year.
(d) One species a year.
4. What were Frank Preston's findings in plotting the distribution of species in island habitats?
(a) A direct proportion to represent commonness of species.
(b) An indirect proportion to represent commonness of species.
(c) A bell curve to represent commonness of species.
(d) A random relationship between size of island and commonness of species.
5. How did the data from Krakatau match Wilson and MacArthur's predictions?
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quammen say makes animals smaller on islands?
2. What is a trophic cascade?
3. What observation did Wilson make to Quammen?
4. Why was the thylacine killed off?
5. What does Quammen say about Wilson and Macarthur's 'The Theory of Island Biogeography'?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)