|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Coming Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quammen say makes his field important?
(a) Because it is holistic and global in scope.
(b) Because island ecosystems are a good metaphor for ecosystems as a whole.
(c) Because it accounts for events other fields cannot account for.
(d) Because it has predicted recent phenomena.
2. Why is Krakatau scientifically important?
(a) It is an exception to most rules of population dispersal.
(b) It is a controlled experiment.
(c) It is so isolated.
(d) It is just being populated now.
3. Where did Wallace travel after the Amazon?
(b) The Malay Archipelago.
(d) Galapagos islands.
4. What did Frank Preston study?
(a) Species distribution.
(b) Adaptive radiation.
(c) Predator-prey relations.
(d) Species divergence.
5. Who did Robert Bates work with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael Soule study?
2. What is the Guam rail?
3. According to Jared Diamond, a nature reserve has to have what characteristics, in order to support a large number of species?
4. When does Quammen say his field became a field of inquiry?
5. What does Quammen say about Wilson and Macarthur's 'The Theory of Island Biogeography'?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)