|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Song of the Indri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Quammen say about this rule?
(a) It is still not established as accepted science.
(b) It is intuitive, but also more complicated.
(c) It is highly controversial.
(d) It required enormous statistical calculations to arrive at it.
2. When was the concept of the minimum viable population introduced?
3. What were Frank Preston's findings in plotting the distribution of species in island habitats?
(a) A bell curve to represent commonness of species.
(b) An indirect proportion to represent commonness of species.
(c) A random relationship between size of island and commonness of species.
(d) A direct proportion to represent commonness of species.
4. What traits did sailors notice in animals on remote islands?
(a) They were more varied than species on land.
(b) They were smaller and harder to observe than their counterparts on land.
(c) They adapted more quickly to environmental changes than animals on larger land masses.
(d) They were unafraid of humans, and thus easy prey.
5. What was Bedo's reputation?
(a) A gadfly.
(b) A ladies man.
(c) An indispensable help.
(d) A nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Quammen describe the komodo dragon's territory?
2. What surprising dispersal ability does Quammen say elephants have?
3. What belief of Darwin's has modern science disproved?
4. Where does Quammen say isolates can occur?
5. How does Quammen say islands are sometimes formed?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)