|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Song of the Indri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quammen say is distinctive about the indri?
(a) Its method of reproducing.
(b) Its fur.
(c) Its cry.
(d) Its diet.
2. What belief of Darwin's has modern science disproved?
(a) That species can only react to their environmental conditions.
(b) That traits a parent acquires during its life are passed down to its young.
(c) That science would fill in all the missing links in the evolutionary chain.
(d) That evolve tends toward the perfection of each species.
3. How does Quammen say islands are sometimes formed?
(a) Rise in sea level.
(b) Seismic upthrust.
(d) Volcanic activity.
4. What is the difference between an isolate and a sample?
(a) An isolate does not have a relation with a larger area.
(b) Samples are only statistically related to larger environments.
(c) Trends in an isolate can be applied to larger areas.
(d) A sample is only representative of itself.
5. What were the first plants to arrive after the eruption of Krakatau?
(a) Mosses and ferns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Philip Darlington propose?
2. What does Quammen use as an example of an island?
3. Why is Krakatau scientifically important?
4. What family does Quammen say hippopotamuses and deer belong to?
5. Where does Quammen say isolates can occur?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)