|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the narrator say George Brown sold out of the oil business for in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) $36 million.
(b) $25 million.
(c) $58 million.
(d) $10 million.
2. Whose story is related in Chapter Sixty-one?
3. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Forty-five?
(a) July 22, 1917.
(b) April 6, 1917.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) March 2, 1836.
4. Who Ulises Garcia’s ancestor in the McCullough family?
(a) Peter McCullough.
(b) Charles McCullough.
(c) Phineas McCullough.
(d) Jonas McCullough.
5. Who is helping Peter to look for Maria in Chapter Fifty-four?
(a) James and Phillip.
(b) Clint and Paul.
(c) Sullivan and Ramirez.
(d) Eli and Sally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the manager from Humble Oil offer Jeanne during their meeting in Chapter Twenty-six?
2. Where does Peter’s wife go after their sons leave for the war in Chapter Twenty-four?
3. What unit does Eli sign up with during the U.S. Civil War?
4. What is Hank doing when he is killed in Chapter Forty-four?
5. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeanne come to be knocked unconscious in Chapter Sixty-nine?
2. What are Jeanne’s perceptions of the “Honey Hunt” she attends in Chapter Fifty-three?
3. Discuss Jeanne’s relationship with motherhood, as seen in Chapter Thirty-eight. Does Jeanne enjoy being a mother?
4. What events and circumstances lead Eli to the cattle industry in Chapter Fifty-five?
5. What does Eli gain from the raid in Chapter Fifty-two? What do the Indians gain?
6. How does Eli help the captive buffalo hunter in Chapter Twenty-five?
7. How is Jeanne affected by Hank’s death in the novel?
8. How does Eli return from Indian captivity to civilization in Chapter Thirty-one?
9. What leads up to Eli’s arrest in Chapter Thirty-seven? Who turns Eli in?
10. Where is Eli working in 1864? How is his home described in Chapter Forty-nine?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)