|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) August 16, 1915.
(b) March 3, 2012.
(c) March 25, 1917.
(d) March 2, 1836.
2. How much money does the narrator say George Brown sold out of the oil business for in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $58 million.
(c) $36 million.
(d) $25 million.
3. Peter says in Chapter Thirty-nine, “It is as my father says. Men are meant to be” what?
4. When does Eli McCullough describe a dozen Spanish cattle landing in the New World in Chapter Fifty-nine?
5. What is the date of Peter’s first journal entry in Chapter Forty-eight?
(a) November 1, 1915.
(b) August 1, 1917.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) March 2, 1836.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty-six?
2. In what year is Chapter Thirty-seven set?
3. Who is the sole secretary that Jeanne does not fire in Chapter Forty-seven?
4. When does Eli say that their commission as Rangers ran out in Chapter Forty-six?
5. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jeanne’s perceptions of the “Honey Hunt” she attends in Chapter Fifty-three?
2. Why do you think that Maria tells Peter about the curse on the Garcia family in Chapter Forty-two?
3. How does Jeanne come to be knocked unconscious in Chapter Sixty-nine?
4. Why do you think the Colonel wants Maria out of his home in Chapter Thirty-three?
5. How does Prairie Flower die in Chapter Twenty-eight?
6. Where is Eli working in 1864? How is his home described in Chapter Forty-nine?
7. How does Judge Black’s wife perceive Eli when he returns from the Rangers in Chapter Forty?
8. How does the author illustrate Jeanne’s political connections in Chapter Thirty-five?
9. How does the relationship between Hank and Jeanne develop in Chapter Thirty-two?
10. What does Eli gain from the raid in Chapter Fifty-two? What do the Indians gain?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)