|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the band does Eli say they lost during the raid in the beginning of Chapter Twenty-five?
2. When does Eli say that their commission as Rangers ran out in Chapter Forty-six?
3. Whose story is related in Chapter Sixty-one?
4. Why does Maria say a curse was put on her family in Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Because her father married a witch.
(b) Because her father killed a Christian prophet.
(c) Because her uncle was a thief.
(d) Because her uncle killed an Indian seer.
5. In what year does Chapter Thirty-four begin?
6. During what years of Eli’s life does Chapter Fifty-five span?
7. What was the name of Maria’s father?
(a) Paulo Garcia.
(b) Roberto Garcia.
(c) Pedro Garcia.
(d) Antun Garcia.
8. What does Mountain of Rocks ask Eli to leave him when he is traded to the Comancheros in Chapter Thirty-one?
(a) His bracelet.
(b) His vest.
(c) His Colt Navy.
(d) His bow and arrow.
9. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Forty-five?
(a) March 2, 1836.
(b) July 22, 1917.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) April 6, 1917.
10. When is Peter’s first diary entry dated in Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) November 1, 1915.
(b) June 25, 1917.
(c) April 6, 1917.
(d) August 16, 1915.
11. Where does Jeanne say Ben went to attend college in Chapter Fifty-six?
12. What is the name of the troop leader that Eli convinces to conduct a raid on the Federals in Chapter Fifty-two?
(a) Hates Work.
(b) Tom Whipple.
(d) Flying Jacket.
13. When is Chapter Twenty-six set?
(a) Spring of 1851.
(b) Fall of 1851.
(c) Summer of 1945.
(d) Spring of 1945.
14. Where had Coffee Hays gone when he gave up Texas, according to Eli in Chapter Forty?
(c) New York.
15. Where is Jonas living in Chapter Twenty-six?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the United States declare war upon Germany in World War I?
2. In what year is Chapter Thirty-seven set?
3. Who is Jeanne’s lover that she recalls leaving her in Chapter Sixty-four?
4. Peter says in Chapter Thirty-nine, “It is as my father says. Men are meant to be” what?
5. Jeanne thinks to herself in Chapter Sixty, “Dead people did not have voices and this made them” what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)