|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty?
(a) August 16, 1915.
(b) June 22, 1917.
(c) November 1, 1915.
(d) April 6, 1917.
2. When was the first oil well drilled in Iraq, according to the narrator in Chapter Thirty-five?
3. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) March 3, 2012.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) August 16, 1915.
(d) March 25, 1917.
4. Who does Peter describe as renting out his pig stall for eighty dollars a week in Chapter Forty-five?
(a) Niles Gilbert.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Pedro Garcia.
(d) Bill Hollis.
5. What does Mountain of Rocks ask Eli to leave him when he is traded to the Comancheros in Chapter Thirty-one?
(a) His bow and arrow.
(b) His vest.
(c) His Colt Navy.
(d) His bracelet.
6. How old was Ulises Garcia when his father died?
7. How much money does the narrator say George Brown sold out of the oil business for in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) $25 million.
(b) $58 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $36 million.
8. What year is Chapter Forty-nine set in?
9. What food do the Comanches believe makes a person into a coward, according to Eli in Chapter Thirty-one?
10. In what year does Chapter Thirty-four begin?
11. How does Jeanne describe her feelings about motherhood in Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) She feels freed by motherhood.
(b) She feels overjoyed by motherhood.
(c) She feels stifled by motherhood.
(d) She feels empowered by motherhood.
12. In what year is Chapter Thirty-seven set?
13. Where does Eli join the Texas Rangers in Chapter Forty?
14. How many cattle were living in Texas alone by the year 1865, according to Eli in Chapter Fifty-nine?
(a) 4 million.
(c) 1 million.
(d) 2 million.
15. Why does Maria say a curse was put on her family in Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Because her uncle was a thief.
(b) Because her father married a witch.
(c) Because her father killed a Christian prophet.
(d) Because her uncle killed an Indian seer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the manager from Humble Oil offer Jeanne during their meeting in Chapter Twenty-six?
2. What is the name of the troop leader that Eli convinces to conduct a raid on the Federals in Chapter Fifty-two?
3. By what does slang term does Sally call Maria when she tells Peter she is coming to visit in Chapter Fifty-one?
4. What U.S. President does Jeanne recall dying in Chapter Forty-one?
5. How many members of Toshaway’s band are still living in the beginning of Chapter Thirty-one?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)