|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Eli out of his legal problems in Chapter Forty?
(a) Amado Batista.
(b) Judge Wilbarger.
(c) Owen Wister.
(d) Judge Black.
2. How old was Ulises Garcia when his father died?
3. When is Peter’s first diary entry dated in Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) August 16, 1915.
(b) June 25, 1917.
(c) April 6, 1917.
(d) November 1, 1915.
4. When is Chapter Twenty-six set?
(a) Spring of 1851.
(b) Fall of 1851.
(c) Summer of 1945.
(d) Spring of 1945.
5. Who is Jeanne’s lover that she recalls leaving her in Chapter Sixty-four?
6. When does Eli McCullough describe a dozen Spanish cattle landing in the New World in Chapter Fifty-nine?
7. What arrives in the mail on the same day that Peter sends his sons to war in Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A Lewis gun.
(c) A Tommy gun.
(d) A box of candy.
8. In what year is Chapter Thirty-seven set?
9. When was the first oil well drilled in Iraq, according to the narrator in Chapter Thirty-five?
10. On what date did the United States declare war upon Germany in World War I?
(a) March 3, 1912.
(b) April 6, 1917.
(c) March 10, 1916.
(d) July 4, 1917.
11. How many members of Toshaway’s band are still living in the beginning of Chapter Thirty-one?
12. Who does Jeanne say came up with the idea of the Honey Hunt in Chapter Fifty-three?
(a) Jonas McCullough.
(b) Peter McCullough.
(c) Amado Batista.
(d) Lucho Haynes.
13. What years are described in Chapter Forty-three?
14. How many members of the band does Eli say they lost during the raid in the beginning of Chapter Twenty-five?
15. During what years of Eli’s life does Chapter Fifty-five span?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eli go to live with his stepmother in Chapter Thirty-four?
2. Whose story is related in Chapter Sixty-one?
3. When is Chapter Thirty-one set?
4. How old is Eli when he meets the judge’s wife in Chapter Thirty-four?
5. Peter says in Chapter Thirty-nine, “It is as my father says. Men are meant to be” what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)