|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eli recognize among the Indians that he is trailing with the Rangers in Chapter Forty-three?
(a) Yellow Hair.
2. What is the name of Judge Black’s daughter that Eli becomes involved with romantically in Chapter Forty-six?
3. Who is Jeanne’s business partner that has moved into Hank’s office in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) Tom Whipple.
(b) T.J. Block.
(c) Edna Hinnant.
(d) Jonas McCullough.
4. How much money does Peter learn that his family gave to Maria to leave in Chapter Fifty-one?
5. Who was the U.S. President when the U.S. entered World War I?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Grover Cleveland.
6. Who Ulises Garcia’s ancestor in the McCullough family?
(a) Phineas McCullough.
(b) Charles McCullough.
(c) Jonas McCullough.
(d) Peter McCullough.
7. Who is the sole secretary that Jeanne does not fire in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) Amado Batista.
(b) Owen Wister.
(c) Edna Hinnant.
(d) Ingrid Goetz.
8. What is Hank doing when he is killed in Chapter Forty-four?
(a) Flying home.
(b) Boarding a train.
(c) Drilling oil.
(d) Bird hunting.
9. What does Mountain of Rocks ask Eli to leave him when he is traded to the Comancheros in Chapter Thirty-one?
(a) His Colt Navy.
(b) His vest.
(c) His bracelet.
(d) His bow and arrow.
10. During what years of Eli’s life does Chapter Fifty-five span?
11. How many members of Toshaway’s band are still living in the beginning of Chapter Thirty-one?
12. Peter says in Chapter Thirty-nine, “It is as my father says. Men are meant to be” what?
13. Where has Maria been for two years living with a cousin when she appears at the McCullough ranch in Chapter Thirty?
14. What is the date of Peter’s opening diary entry in Chapter Sixty-two?
(a) September 4, 1915.
(b) August 12, 1915.
(c) March 2, 1836.
(d) September 15, 1917.
15. How many cattle were living in Texas alone by the year 1865, according to Eli in Chapter Fifty-nine?
(a) 1 million.
(c) 4 million.
(d) 2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of Maria’s family were killed in the shootout that destroyed the Garcia home?
2. Where does Phineas live in Chapter Twenty-six?
3. How old does Eli say the Indian woman was that took his virginity in Chapter Thirty-four?
4. Where does Jeanne say Ben went to attend college in Chapter Fifty-six?
5. Where is Jonas living in Chapter Twenty-six?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)