|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twelve?
(a) July 4, 1917.
(b) November 1, 1915.
(c) March 25, 1917.
(d) August 16, 1915.
2. When was the Declaration of Texas Independence from Mexico ratified?
(a) March 25, 1917.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) August 10, 1915.
(d) March 10, 1916.
3. What is the name of Eli’s older brother?
4. What is the name that the Indians give to Eli McCullough during his captivity?
5. About how long has Eli been a captive of the Indians in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
6. What is the date of the first diary entry by Peter in Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) March 10, 1916.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) March 3, 2012.
7. Who was the father of Jeanne’s children?
8. What word used in the narrative refers to a cowboy or herdsman?
9. What is the name of the man that Prairie Flower is romantically involved with when she begins an affair with Eli in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Charges the Enemy.
(b) Grey Wolf.
(c) Soft Talker.
(d) Hates Work.
10. What does Toshaway’s name translate to in English?
(a) White Wolf.
(b) Charges the Enemy.
(c) Large Bear.
(d) Bright Button.
11. Who is described in Chapter Eighteen as “a younger version of the Colonel, the pinnacle of manly attainment”?
12. What is the name of the boy that was kidnapped and killed by Indians a month before the raid on Eli’s family’s home?
(a) Owen Wister.
(b) Tom Whipple.
(c) Amado Batista.
(d) Miles Wallace.
13. From whose perspective is Chapter Eight related?
14. The narrative of Chapter One is transcribed from a WPA Recording in what year?
15. What year is described in the beginning of Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jeanne’s mother when she died?
2. What battle did Paul McCullough die while fighting?
3. How many .30-caliber rounds does the Lewis gun fire per second that Eli’s family orders in Chapter Twenty-one?
4. Where is Glenn recovering in the hospital in Chapter Nine?
5. How old is Peter in the diary entry from Chapter Three?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)