|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Peter’s two sons?
(a) Richard and Steven.
(b) Walter and Paul.
(c) James and Bob.
(d) Glenn and Clint.
2. Where did Clint McCullough die?
(c) Little Rock.
3. What is Eli McCullough’s nickname in the novel?
(a) Papa Bear.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Conquistador.
(d) The Colonel.
4. What Indian tribe do the people belong to that have raided Eli’s home and kidnapped him in Chapter Four?
5. What is the name that the Indians give to Eli McCullough during his captivity?
6. Who was Jeanne’s lover after the death of her husband?
7. Who has been shot (presumably by the Garcias) in Chapter Six?
8. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twelve?
(a) August 16, 1915.
(b) March 25, 1917.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) November 1, 1915.
9. In Chapter Sixteen, Eli says that the Comanches own all the territory between Mexico and where during the time that Eli is with them?
(a) New York.
(c) The Dakotas.
10. In what year did the Colonel die, according to Jeanne in Chapter Seventeen?
11. Where is Glenn recovering in the hospital in Chapter Nine?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Antonio.
12. From whose perspective is Chapter Eight related?
13. Where does Peter describe a raid on a train by sixty insurgents in Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Little Rock.
14. What date opens Chapter Two?
(a) November 1, 1915.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) June 22, 1917.
(d) March 3, 2012.
15. Chapter Four begins in the spring of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian that owns Martin after the raid in Chapter Four?
2. Who does Eli blame for the spread of smallpox and cholera in Chapter Nineteen?
3. What Indian departs with Eli’s mother’s scalp in Chapter Seven?
4. Who burns the Garcias’ house and their important papers in Chapter Fifteen?
5. Where did Jonas go to attend college after the Colonel’s death?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)