|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used in the narrative refers to a cowboy or herdsman?
2. What is the date of the first diary entry by Peter in Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) March 10, 1916.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) March 3, 2012.
3. Over how many of Eli’s fellow tribe members are killed during the big raid in Chapter Nineteen?
4. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twelve?
(a) March 25, 1917.
(b) August 16, 1915.
(c) November 1, 1915.
(d) July 4, 1917.
5. How old was Jeanne’s mother when she died?
6. About how long has Eli been a captive of the Indians in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
7. About how many men accompany the McCulloughs when they go to confront the Garcias in Chapter Six?
8. What is done with Martin’s body after he is killed in Chapter Four?
(a) It is burned.
(b) It is buried.
(c) It is dismembered.
(d) It is left for wolves.
9. Where does Jeanne say the Colonel wanted Jonas to attend college in Chapter Eleven?
10. What is the name of Prairie Flower’s sister in the novel?
(b) Walks Softly.
(c) Charges the Enemy.
(d) Hates Work.
11. What is the name of Eli’s sister?
12. What year is described by Jeanne in Chapter Twenty?
13. When was the Declaration of Texas Independence from Mexico ratified?
(a) March 25, 1917.
(b) March 10, 1916.
(c) August 10, 1915.
(d) March 2, 1836.
14. How many people from the tribe go with Toshaway in July for the largest raid the band has ever led in Chapter Nineteen?
15. How many people does Peter say Pancho Villa killed across the border in New Mexico in Chapter Twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jeanne in the flashback where the Colonel is ninety-eight in Chapter Five?
2. How many bedrooms are described in Jeanne McCullough’s home in Chapter Two?
3. What is the name of the Indian that owns Martin after the raid in Chapter Four?
4. What Indian tribe do the people belong to that have raided Eli’s home and kidnapped him in Chapter Four?
5. What people does Toshaway say were leading the white men that attacked his tribe in Chapter Twenty-two?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)