|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when William Blount and his sons disappear from their farm near the McCullough ranch?
2. What is Peter’s diary entry dated in Chapter Nine?
(a) August 13, 1915.
(b) September 4, 1915.
(c) March 2, 1836.
(d) March 10, 1916.
3. The Indian that Eli kills in Chapter Thirteen is from what tribe?
(a) The Klamath.
(b) The Delaware.
(c) The Comanche.
(d) The Apache.
4. Who has been shot (presumably by the Garcias) in Chapter Six?
5. From whose perspective is Chapter Eight related?
6. Which U.S. President does the Colonel accuse of running a dictatorship in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Grover Cleveland.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt.
7. What nickname does Eli’s father call their neighbor who has his horses stolen in Chapter Four?
(a) Gangster Poe.
(b) Shorty Poe.
(c) Syphilis Poe.
(d) Smallpox Poe.
8. What is the name of the man that Prairie Flower is romantically involved with when she begins an affair with Eli in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Grey Wolf.
(b) Hates Work.
(c) Charges the Enemy.
(d) Soft Talker.
9. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twelve?
(a) August 16, 1915.
(b) July 4, 1917.
(c) November 1, 1915.
(d) March 25, 1917.
10. What is the name of Eli’s sister?
11. Where is Glenn recovering in the hospital in Chapter Nine?
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. How many bedrooms are described in Jeanne McCullough’s home in Chapter Two?
13. How old is Jeanne in the flashback where the Colonel is ninety-eight in Chapter Five?
14. What does Eli describe as “the largest and wealthiest of all the Comanche bands” in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) The Penateka.
(b) The Klamath.
(c) The Kotoseka.
(d) The Dakota.
15. Peter compares himself to what figure from Greek mythology in Chapter Eighteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Eighteen?
2. What are the names of Peter’s two sons?
3. How much money does Jeanne deposit into the account that she opens at the age of twelve in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What is the German captive called among the Comanches of Eli’s tribe?
5. What is the name of the Indian that owns Martin after the raid in Chapter Four?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)