|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) March 2, 1836.
(b) March 3, 2012.
(c) March 25, 1917.
(d) August 16, 1915.
2. Where does Eli say his father “keeps a woman” in Chapter Four?
3. How old was Jeanne’s mother when she died?
4. What arrives in the mail on the same day that Peter sends his sons to war in Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) A Tommy gun.
(b) A box of candy.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A Lewis gun.
5. Peter says in Chapter Thirty-nine, “It is as my father says. Men are meant to be” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Jeanne to Austin to visit him in Chapter Twenty?
2. When was the Declaration of Texas Independence from Mexico ratified?
3. What book is found stuffed in the layers of the Indians' shield in Chapter Seventy-two?
4. From whose perspective is Chapter Eight related?
5. How many members of Toshaway’s band are still living in the beginning of Chapter Thirty-one?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)