|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter Eighteen as “a younger version of the Colonel, the pinnacle of manly attainment”?
2. What U.S. President does Jeanne recall dying in Chapter Forty-one?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. What is the date of Peter’s opening diary entry in Chapter Sixty-two?
(a) August 12, 1915.
(b) September 15, 1917.
(c) March 2, 1836.
(d) September 4, 1915.
4. What is Eli McCullough’s nickname in the novel?
(a) The Conquistador.
(b) Papa Bear.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The Colonel.
5. Who does Hank believe will kill him if he becomes sexually involved with Jeanne in Chapter Thirty-two?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the German captive called among the Comanches of Eli’s tribe?
2. What is the name of the boy that was kidnapped and killed by Indians a month before the raid on Eli’s family’s home?
3. What is the name that the Indians give to Eli McCullough during his captivity?
4. Where does Eli go to live with his stepmother in Chapter Thirty-four?
5. Whose story is related in Chapter Sixty-one?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)