|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eli blame for the spread of smallpox and cholera in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) The German settlers.
(b) The forty-niners.
(c) The Italian settlers.
(d) The Indians.
2. What arrives in the mail on the same day that Peter sends his sons to war in Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) A Tommy gun.
(b) A box of candy.
(c) A Lewis gun.
(d) A diamond necklace.
3. Who does Jeanne say came up with the idea of the Honey Hunt in Chapter Fifty-three?
(a) Peter McCullough.
(b) Lucho Haynes.
(c) Jonas McCullough.
(d) Amado Batista.
4. What creature does Toshaway describe as being associated with the trickster spirit in Indian belief in Chapter Four?
(a) The coyote.
(b) The fox.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The raven.
5. Who was the father of Jeanne’s children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sheriff’s name that visits to talk with the Colonel after the disappearance of the Blounts in Chapter Fourteen?
2. Who does Peter say was murdered in the night and his store looted in Chapter Nine?
3. What do the vaqueros claim is ruining the cattle, according to Peter’s diary entry in Chapter Thirty?
4. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Forty-five?
5. What is the diary entry dated that comprises Chapter Six?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)