|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter McCullough’s first diary entry in Chapter Fifty-eight?
(a) November 1, 1915.
(b) March 25, 1917.
(c) June 25, 1917.
(d) September 1, 1917.
2. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Forty-five?
(a) July 22, 1917.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) April 6, 1917.
3. When does the narrative take place in Chapter Sixty-three?
(a) The mid-1980s.
(b) The early 1870s.
(c) The late 1850s.
(d) The early 1920s.
4. What is done with Martin’s body after he is killed in Chapter Four?
(a) It is dismembered.
(b) It is left for wolves.
(c) It is buried.
(d) It is burned.
5. In Chapter Sixteen, Eli says that the Comanches own all the territory between Mexico and where during the time that Eli is with them?
(a) New York.
(d) The Dakotas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the first diary entry by Peter in Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What was the name of Maria’s father?
3. When is Chapter Thirty-one set?
4. What arrives in the mail on the same day that Peter sends his sons to war in Chapter Twenty-four?
5. From what band is the Indian that Martin claims owns Eli in Chapter Four?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)