|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 44 – 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) March 2, 1836.
(b) June 22, 1917.
(c) June 25, 1917.
(d) July 4, 1917.
2. About how long has Eli been a captive of the Indians in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
3. What is done with Martin’s body after he is killed in Chapter Four?
(a) It is left for wolves.
(b) It is buried.
(c) It is dismembered.
(d) It is burned.
4. Where has Maria been for two years living with a cousin when she appears at the McCullough ranch in Chapter Thirty?
5. Who is described in Chapter Eighteen as “a younger version of the Colonel, the pinnacle of manly attainment”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maria say a curse was put on her family in Chapter Forty-two?
2. When was the first oil well drilled in Iraq, according to the narrator in Chapter Thirty-five?
3. What U.S. President does Jeanne recall dying in Chapter Forty-one?
4. Who does Peter suggest the new train station be named after in Chapter Twelve?
5. On what date did the United States declare war upon Germany in World War I?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)