|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 44 – 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eli say the Indians use the books looted from their home for in Chapter Four?
(a) To give to the children in the village.
(b) To stuff their shields with.
(c) To burn.
(d) To read.
2. How much money does the narrator say George Brown sold out of the oil business for in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $25 million.
(c) $58 million.
(d) $36 million.
3. What are the names of Peter’s two sons?
(a) Richard and Steven.
(b) Walter and Paul.
(c) Glenn and Clint.
(d) James and Bob.
4. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty?
(a) April 6, 1917.
(b) November 1, 1915.
(c) June 22, 1917.
(d) August 16, 1915.
5. When was the first oil well drilled in Iraq, according to the narrator in Chapter Thirty-five?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Eli’s father call their neighbor who has his horses stolen in Chapter Four?
2. When does Eli say that their commission as Rangers ran out in Chapter Forty-six?
3. How many people from the tribe go with Toshaway in July for the largest raid the band has ever led in Chapter Nineteen?
4. Who is the author of the novel The Virginian?
5. How old is Peter in the diary entry from Chapter Three?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)