|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Twelve?
(a) November 1, 1915.
(b) August 16, 1915.
(c) July 4, 1917.
(d) March 25, 1917.
2. What year is described in the beginning of Chapter Ten?
3. What nickname does Eli’s father call their neighbor who has his horses stolen in Chapter Four?
(a) Syphilis Poe.
(b) Shorty Poe.
(c) Smallpox Poe.
(d) Gangster Poe.
4. Where is Glenn recovering in the hospital in Chapter Nine?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Antonio.
5. When was the Declaration of Texas Independence from Mexico ratified?
(a) March 2, 1836.
(b) August 10, 1915.
(c) March 25, 1917.
(d) March 10, 1916.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jeanne’s mother die?
2. Chapter Four begins in the spring of what year?
3. How old is Jeanne in the flashback where the Colonel is ninety-eight in Chapter Five?
4. What Indian departs with Eli’s mother’s scalp in Chapter Seven?
5. What is Eli McCullough’s nickname in the novel?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)