|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the diary entry dated that comprises Chapter Six?
(a) July 4, 1917.
(b) August 12, 1915.
(c) April 6, 1917.
(d) September 4, 1915.
2. Chapter Four begins in the spring of what year?
3. Toshaway tells Eli in Chapter Ten that the white people “all want to be rich, same as we do, but they do not admit to themselves that you only get rich by” doing what?
(b) Taking things from other people.
(c) Worshiping the land.
(d) Killing the weak.
4. What is the name that the Indians give to Eli McCullough during his captivity?
5. What date opens Chapter Two?
(a) March 3, 2012.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) June 22, 1917.
(d) November 1, 1915.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter say was murdered in the night and his store looted in Chapter Nine?
2. What is the name of Eli’s sister?
3. Who was Jeanne’s lover after the death of her husband?
4. How many bedrooms are described in Jeanne McCullough’s home in Chapter Two?
5. How old is Peter in the diary entry from Chapter Three?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)