|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jeanne’s mother die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She died in a car accident.
(d) She died from AIDS.
2. How is Peter McCullough related to Jeanne McCullough?
(a) Peter is Jeanne's great-grandfather.
(b) Peter is Jeanne's cousin.
(c) Peter is Jeanne’s grandfather.
(d) Peter is Jeanne's father.
3. Where does Eli say his father “keeps a woman” in Chapter Four?
4. When was the Declaration of Texas Independence from Mexico ratified?
(a) March 10, 1916.
(b) March 25, 1917.
(c) March 2, 1836.
(d) August 10, 1915.
5. What is the name of Eli’s older brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian that owns Martin after the raid in Chapter Four?
2. How old is Jeanne McCullough as she lay on the floor of her home in Chapter Two?
3. What is the name of the boy that was kidnapped and killed by Indians a month before the raid on Eli’s family’s home?
4. Chapter Four begins in the spring of what year?
5. What date opens Chapter Two?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)