|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51 – 56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who burns the Garcias’ house and their important papers in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Jeanne McCullough.
(b) Jonas McCullough.
(c) Eli McCullough.
(d) Peter McCullough.
2. Who is the sole secretary that Jeanne does not fire in Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) Ingrid Goetz.
(b) Edna Hinnant.
(c) Owen Wister.
(d) Amado Batista.
3. Who comes to the jail to give Eli a lecture on morality in Chapter Thirty-four?
(a) Sheriff Van Zandt.
(b) Judge Black.
(c) Judge Wilbarger.
(d) Judge Wilson.
4. How old is Jeanne in the flashback where the Colonel is ninety-eight in Chapter Five?
5. Toshaway tells Eli in Chapter Ten that the white people “all want to be rich, same as we do, but they do not admit to themselves that you only get rich by” doing what?
(a) Killing the weak.
(c) Worshiping the land.
(d) Taking things from other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Fifteen?
2. What is Hank doing when he is killed in Chapter Forty-four?
3. What does Toshaway’s name translate to in English?
4. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty-nine?
5. What food do the Comanches believe makes a person into a coward, according to Eli in Chapter Thirty-one?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)