|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeanne say the Colonel wanted Jonas to attend college in Chapter Eleven?
2. Who was Jeanne’s lover after the death of her husband?
3. What is the diary entry dated that comprises Chapter Six?
(a) April 6, 1917.
(b) July 4, 1917.
(c) August 12, 1915.
(d) September 4, 1915.
4. What Indian departs with Eli’s mother’s scalp in Chapter Seven?
(d) Charges the Enemy.
5. From whose perspective is Chapter Eight related?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jonas go to attend college after the Colonel’s death?
2. The narrative of Chapter One is transcribed from a WPA Recording in what year?
3. How much money does Jeanne deposit into the account that she opens at the age of twelve in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What does Eli say the Indians use the books looted from their home for in Chapter Four?
5. In what year did the Colonel die, according to Jeanne in Chapter Seventeen?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)