|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrative of Chapter One is transcribed from a WPA Recording in what year?
2. What is the date of Peter McCullough’s first diary entry in Chapter Three?
(a) September 4, 1915.
(b) August 10, 1915.
(c) June 22, 1917.
(d) August 16, 1915.
3. What word used in the narrative refers to a cowboy or herdsman?
4. How many bedrooms are described in Jeanne McCullough’s home in Chapter Two?
5. What date opens Chapter Two?
(a) June 22, 1917.
(b) March 2, 1836.
(c) November 1, 1915.
(d) March 3, 2012.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Peter’s wife?
2. Who has been shot (presumably by the Garcias) in Chapter Six?
3. What is the name of the boy that was kidnapped and killed by Indians a month before the raid on Eli’s family’s home?
4. What year is it when William Blount and his sons disappear from their farm near the McCullough ranch?
5. What year is described in the beginning of Chapter Ten?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)