|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 – 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Eli’s father call their neighbor who has his horses stolen in Chapter Four?
(a) Smallpox Poe.
(b) Shorty Poe.
(c) Syphilis Poe.
(d) Gangster Poe.
2. What is the sheriff’s name that visits to talk with the Colonel after the disappearance of the Blounts in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Sheriff Batista.
(b) Sheriff Whipple.
(c) Sheriff Van Zandt.
(d) Sheriff Anderson.
3. When is Chapter Thirty-one set?
(a) Spring of 1945.
(b) Summer of 1945.
(c) Fall of 1851.
(d) Spring of 1851.
4. What Indian tribe do the people belong to that have raided Eli’s home and kidnapped him in Chapter Four?
5. What word used in the narrative refers to a cowboy or herdsman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is described by Eli in Chapter Thirteen?
2. What is the date of Peter’s first diary entry in Chapter Thirty?
3. The Indian that Eli kills in Chapter Thirteen is from what tribe?
4. What year is it when William Blount and his sons disappear from their farm near the McCullough ranch?
5. What does Eli say the Indians use the books looted from their home for in Chapter Four?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)