|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Seamus Henry say about landscape?
(a) That it was sacramental.
(b) That it was beautiful
(c) That is was ugly.
(d) That it was clean.
2. How many miles did the ranch land extend in either direction?
3. What did Gretel say made Westerners distrustful of outsiders?
(a) Their patronizing attitude toward animals.
(b) Their lack of understanding.
(c) Their unappreciative attitude of nature.
(d) Their condescending attitude.
4. How much did cowboys get paid a day?
5. What was Jack Davis's job?
(c) Sheep herder.
(d) Ranch hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state would Gretel have ended up in if she had gone north?
2. What motel did Gretel stay in when she first arrived in Wyoming?
3. What did Gretel say animals didn't care about?
4. Who said that winter looked oceanic?
5. According to Gretel what was a form of compassion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gretel go to Wyoming?
2. According to Gretel what did it mean to "be tough" on a ranch?
3. What happened when Gretel worked on the sheep ranch and they were having a drought?
4. What did Gretel say that she discovered when herding sheep?
5. According to Gretel what were residents of Wyoming always waiting for?
6. How did Gretel describe the passing of seasons?
7. According to Gretel what type of person was a cowboy?
8. What happened during irrigating season?
9. How did Gretel feel when she was left alone to herd the sheep?
10. Who did Gretel work with in Wyoming?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)