|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gretel previously do in her sleep?
(a) Have nightmares.
(c) Have dreams.
(d) Toss and turn.
2. According to Gretel what did courage mean on a ranch?
(a) Having physical vigor.
(b) Having common sense.
(c) Acting maternal.
(d) Acting spontaneously.
3. What did Gretel say people burdened animals with?
(a) Their attitudes.
(b) Bodies and civilized ordeals.
(c) Their unappreciativeness.
(d) Their problems.
4. What did Seamus Henry say about landscape?
(a) That it was sacramental.
(b) That it was beautiful
(c) That it was clean.
(d) That is was ugly.
5. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
(a) On the ranch.
(b) On horseback.
(c) Sitting down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event did Gretel meet her husband at?
2. Who quit at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What were the only things that Gretel could see when she arrived in Wyoming?
4. What happened if a ranch animal didn't do their job?
5. What did John leave Gretel with on the ridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gretel say that westerners were leery of outsiders?
2. What did Gretel say that she discovered when herding sheep?
3. According to Gretel what did it mean to "be tough" on a ranch?
4. What fears did Gretel having when sheep herding?
5. What did Gretel look for when she was in New York and felt homesick for Wyoming?
6. What did Gretel say living with animals made her redefine?
7. How did Gretel describe the passing of seasons?
8. What happened when Gretel worked on the sheep ranch and they were having a drought?
9. Why did Gretel go to Wyoming?
10. Who was David?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)