|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gretel say made Westerners distrustful of outsiders?
(a) Their patronizing attitude toward animals.
(b) Their unappreciative attitude of nature.
(c) Their lack of understanding.
(d) Their condescending attitude.
2. What animal visited Gretel's sheep camp every night?
(d) Mountain lion.
3. What town did Gretel first stay in Wyoming?
(c) Dale Creek.
4. What did Gretel say she gained from winter?
(a) A renewed sense of wonder.
(b) Peripheral vision.
5. How long is the irrigating season in Wyoming?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motel did Gretel stay in when she first arrived in Wyoming?
2. According to Gretel what was a form of compassion?
3. What did Gretel look for when she was in New York and missing Wyoming?
4. What did the Chinese call drifting snow?
5. What job did the neighboring rancher prefer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were John's feelings on coyotes?
2. Who did Gretel work with in Wyoming?
3. How did the poet Seamus Henry describe landscape and earth?
4. What did Gretel say that she discovered when herding sheep?
5. What was an animal's job on a ranch?
6. How did Gretel describe the passing of seasons?
7. How did Gretel feel when she was left alone to herd the sheep?
8. Why did Gretel go to Wyoming?
9. What is the weather like during winter in Wyoming?
10. Who was David?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)