|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gretel move after a month in Wyoming?
(a) A different motel.
(b) A spare room in John's home.
(c) An apartment in town.
(d) The barn on the ranch.
2. What did Gretel say animals gave people?
(b) Appreciation for them.
(c) Unjaded faces.
3. What animal visited Gretel's sheep camp every night?
(b) Mountain lion.
4. What motel did Gretel stay in when she first arrived in Wyoming?
(a) Motel Six.
(d) Days Inn.
5. What did Gretel say winter was?
(a) A fantasy.
(b) A dream.
(c) A scroll.
(d) An exciting adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gretel what element of a cowboy's job was dramatically underplayed?
2. What did Seamus Henry say about landscape?
3. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
4. How many miles did the ranch land extend in either direction?
5. How many dams did Frank set to control the flooding water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Gretel work with in Wyoming?
2. Who was David?
3. What did Gretel say living with animals made her redefine?
4. How did Gretel describe the passing of seasons?
5. What fears did Gretel having when sheep herding?
6. What is the weather like during winter in Wyoming?
7. What did Gretel say that she discovered when herding sheep?
8. What happened when Gretel worked on the sheep ranch and they were having a drought?
9. According to Gretel what type of person was a cowboy?
10. What happened during irrigating season?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)