|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gretel say winter was?
(a) A scroll.
(b) A fantasy.
(c) A dream.
(d) An exciting adventure.
2. What event did Gretel meet her husband at?
(a) Cowboy Film Festival.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) John Wayne Film Festival.
3. What happened if a ranch animal didn't do their job?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were sold.
(c) They were given away.
(d) They got shot.
4. Why did Gretel believe that cowboys were "strong and silent"?
(a) Because they didn't like people.
(b) Because they had no one to talk to.
(c) Because that was their personality.
(d) Because they were lonely.
5. How many miles did the ranch land extend in either direction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the dams have to be changed?
2. Where did Jack Davis lead his mules from?
3. What did Gretel say animals held her to?
4. How many sheep was Gretel responsible for?
5. What did Gretel look for when she was in New York and missing Wyoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like during winter in Wyoming?
2. What fears did Gretel having when sheep herding?
3. What was an animal's job on a ranch?
4. How did the poet Seamus Henry describe landscape and earth?
5. What were John's feelings on coyotes?
6. Who was David?
7. How did Gretel describe the passing of seasons?
8. What happened when Gretel worked on the sheep ranch and they were having a drought?
9. What happened during irrigating season?
10. According to Gretel what did it mean to "be tough" on a ranch?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)