|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
(a) Working dog.
2. What did John leave Gretel with on the ridge?
(a) A trailer.
(b) A border collie.
(c) A mare and border collie.
(d) A mare.
3. How many sheep was Gretel responsible for?
4. How many dams did Frank set to control the flooding water?
5. What did Gretel relate a big ranch too?
(a) A miniature society.
(b) A farm.
(c) A big city.
(d) A small rodeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was it when the book began?
2. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
3. What was Jack Davis's job?
4. How long had the largest ranch in Wyoming been in business before it went under?
5. According to Gretel what did courage mean on a ranch?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)