|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old ranch hand say that there was lots of in Wyoming?
(a) Open space and rattlesnakes.
2. What illness prevented Ben from working?
(b) A fever.
3. When did the lambing season end?
4. According to Gretel what did people in Wyoming feel pride about?
(a) That Yellowstone was located there.
(b) That they lived in a harsh place.
(c) That there weren't many people there.
(d) That the ranches there were some of the biggest.
5. According to Gretel what type of look did the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming have at the auction?
(b) Drawn and brittle.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gretel what place in Wyoming did most Wyomingites grudgingly acknowledge?
2. How long had the largest ranch in Wyoming been in business before it went under?
3. What feeling did Gretel get when she went to Wyoming?
4. How many days did the herding trip take that Gretel was on at the beginning of the book?
5. Who was the auctioneer auctioning off the largest ranch in Wyoming?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)