|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Art's declaration of what was both its beginning and its end, according to Debord?
2. The unification of culture has led to the demise of art and _________ in Chapter 8.
3. What two poles does Debord believe the history of economy has turned on?
(a) Rulers and subjects.
(b) North and south.
(c) Town and country.
(d) Rich and poor.
4. What does Deobrd believe culture provides in a society?
5. What does Ruge doubt he will see in his lifetime?
(a) Society of the spectacle.
(b) Production equlity.
(c) Political revolution.
(d) Bourgeoisie power.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spectacular power corrupts its subordinates through ____________ in Chapter 8.
2. According to Debord, workers exchange production time for what commodity?
3. Debord sees the proletarian revolution as the critique of ________.
4. What period does Debord consider to be the beginning of Art?
5. Where was universal history born, according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between cyclical time and irreversible time in Debord's opinion?
2. What is culture, according to Debord?
3. How does Debord describe fascism?
4. What is the pseudo community in Chapter 7?
5. Where does the individual stand in historic time, according to Chapter 6?
6. How does Christianity play a role in measuring global time, in Debord's opinion?
7. What are the two aspects of culture that were lost as culture ended, according to Chapter 8?
8. What is the new architecture that Debord contends is specifically designed for the poor?
9. What is Debord's view on the progression of art?
10. Why do societies organize time, according to Debord?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)