|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The unified critique of culture includes the culture of knowledge and the culture of _____, according to Debord.
2. What was the first ruling class for which labor was a value, according to Chapter 5?
(c) Political kings.
(d) Ancient Romans.
3. According to Debord, workers exchange production time for what commodity?
4. Art's declaration of what was both its beginning and its end, according to Debord?
5. What kind of religion was a compromise between myth and history, according to Debord?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does thesis 207 say is necessary for the progress of ideas?
2. According to Debord, urbanization is __________.
3. Where does Debord say the spectacle originated?
4. What period does Debord consider to be the beginning of Art?
5. The creation of the pseudo community goes right into the heart of the _______ in Chapter 7.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Christianity been successful at adapting to spectacular society in Debord's view?
2. Why do societies organize time, according to Debord?
3. What is the relationship between time and labor in Chapter 6?
4. How is production time only pseudo-cyclical in Chapter 6?
5. What is culture, according to Debord?
6. What is the difference between cyclical time and irreversible time in Debord's opinion?
7. What is the importance of critical theory, according to Debord?
8. What does Debord see as the role of tourism in the society of the spectacle?
9. How does Christianity play a role in measuring global time, in Debord's opinion?
10. What question is being raised by a school of sociology originating in America in Chapter 8?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)