|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the economy of the commodity, the worker has a new role as what in Chapter 2?
2. In thesis 35, the commodity abounds in ____________subtleties.
3. What ushers in the class struggles of the long revolutionary periods, according to Hegel?
4. In Debord's opinion, the spectacle is an heir to the ______ of Western philosophy.
5. Who does Debord say delivered his own funeral oration in a sense?
Short Answer Questions
1. In thesis 9, Debord says truth is a moment of what?
2. According to Debord, each new product is supposed to offer a shortcut to the promised land of what?
3. Who was the general responsible for the battle of Kursk?
4. Racism invests vulgar rankings in the hierarchies of consumption through a _______ superiority in Chapter 3.
5. According to thesis 44, the spectacle is a permanent _________ war.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "commodity world" shown for what it really is, in Debord's opinion?
2. How has the spectacle evolved from a state of being to a state of appearing, according to Debord?
3. In Chapter 2, how have the forces of production changed the basis for human development?
4. What effect did education of the proletariat have on revolution, according to Debord?
5. How does Debord believe the spectacle emerges as the totality of social life?
6. According to the quote by Lukacs at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does the commodity represent in society?
7. What is the role of science in Utopian society?
8. What is the struggle between proletarian conception and bourgeois conception, as it is described at the beginning of Chapter 3?
9. Why is the loss of quality so obvious at every level of the language of the spectacle in Chapter 2?
10. What three things does the spectacle become, as explained in thesis 3?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)