|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of alienation does Debord believe the spectacle specializes in?
2. What does thesis 207 say is necessary for the progress of ideas?
3. What effectively erases history, according to Debord?
(a) Logical time.
(b) Agrarian time.
(c) Irreversible time.
(d) Cyclical time.
4. Debord states at the end of Chapter 6 that the world has the ______ of another kind of time.
5. What does Deobrd believe culture provides in a society?
6. Chapter 5 compares cyclical time and ________ time.
7. In previous periods, who does Debord say architectural innovation served?
(b) The poor.
(c) The ruling class.
8. What two poles does Debord believe the history of economy has turned on?
(a) Rulers and subjects.
(b) North and south.
(c) Rich and poor.
(d) Town and country.
9. What is the most important unit in the packaged commodity of time, according to Debord?
10. Who does Debord see as representing the return of reflecting on secular power?
11. According to Debord, workers exchange production time for what commodity?
12. Who is representative of a person leaving cyclical time in Chapter 5?
13. What does Debord say planned environments have created?
(a) Classless society.
(d) Artificial peasantry.
14. Production time is time ______ in Chapter 6.
15. What must be historically manufactured in order to maintain the growth of the modern state bureaucracy in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the temples of frenetic consumption in Chapter 7?
2. Art's declaration of what was both its beginning and its end, according to Debord?
3. What does Debord believe is the star commodity in the society of the spectacle?
4. What is modern society's obsession with time, as described in Chapter 6?
5. How many hours a day does Debord estimate Americans spend watching television?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)