|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be historically manufactured in order to maintain the growth of the modern state bureaucracy in Chapter 7?
2. What does Debord say planned environments have created?
(b) Classless society.
(c) Artificial peasantry.
3. In thesis 173, who is architecture now being specifically created for?
(b) The ruling class.
(d) The poor.
4. The creation of the pseudo community goes right into the heart of the _______ in Chapter 7.
(a) Political wealth.
(b) Urban center.
(c) Religious power.
(d) Family cell.
5. What kind of pseudo-cyclical time is time in the spectacle, according to Chapter 6?
6. In spectacular society, ___________ of time gives way to real time, according to Chapter 6.
7. What religion does Debord believe is successful at adapting to spectacular society?
8. Debord says the study of what is not enough to change the spectacle?
9. What effectively erases history, according to Debord?
(a) Agrarian time.
(b) Logical time.
(c) Cyclical time.
(d) Irreversible time.
10. Debord considers _______ and surrealism to be the theoretical endpoint for Art.
11. What was the first ruling class for which labor was a value, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Political kings.
(b) Ancient Romans.
12. What does the quote at the beginning of Chapter 6 say that even the homeless can enjoy?
13. What does Debord predict will become the driving force of the American economy is the second half of the twentieth century?
14. Critical theory has to be communicated in the language of __________ in Chapter 8.
15. What period does Debord consider to be the beginning of Art?
Short Answer Questions
1. Debord characterizes time in a classless society as being what?
2. What is the most important unit in the packaged commodity of time, according to Debord?
3. The goal of communism, as stated in Chapter 6, is to do what to everything that exists independently of individuals?
4. Debord uses whose definition of culture in Chapter 8?
5. Where does Debord say the spectacle originated?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)