|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was universal history born, according to Chapter 7?
(a) In dark corners.
(b) In countries.
(c) In kingdoms.
(d) In cities.
2. What two poles does Debord believe the history of economy has turned on?
(a) Rulers and subjects.
(b) Rich and poor.
(c) North and south.
(d) Town and country.
3. What effectively erases history, according to Debord?
(a) Agrarian time.
(b) Cyclical time.
(c) Logical time.
(d) Irreversible time.
4. According to Debord, urbanization is __________.
5. Which Shakespeare play does Chapter 5 quote?
(b) Henry IV.
(c) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
6. What era does Debord believe de-sanctified power?
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Middle Ages.
7. What religion does Debord believe is successful at adapting to spectacular society?
8. What does Debord predict will become the driving force of the American economy is the second half of the twentieth century?
9. Debord believes that pseudo-cyclical time is transformed by what?
10. Who does Debord believe urbanism effectively and dangerously masses together?
(a) The army.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The workers.
(d) The power.
11. What is a necessary part of an abundant society, according to Chapter 8?
12. What does Deobrd believe culture provides in a society?
13. What is strictly a secondary consideration of time by the modern production system in Chapter 6?
(a) Organic element.
(b) Mechanical element.
(c) Historical element.
(d) Biological element.
14. The development of ___________ created a unified history devoid of real time in Chapter 5.
15. What does Ruge doubt he will see in his lifetime?
(a) Production equlity.
(b) Bourgeoisie power.
(c) Society of the spectacle.
(d) Political revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Debord sees the proletarian revolution as the critique of ________.
2. Chapter 5 compares cyclical time and ________ time.
3. What does Debord say planned environments have created?
4. Debord characterizes time in a classless society as being what?
5. What does Debord say is the most revolutionary idea concerning city planning?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)