|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Debord refers to commodity as what?
(b) Old enemy.
(d) Old friend.
2. Who was the general responsible for the battle of Kursk?
3. Which of the senses does Debord believe the spectacle can manipulate the most?
4. What is an illusion of production in thesis 27?
5. In order to succeed, Debord says revolutionary theory must reject what?
(c) Spectacular seduction.
(d) Revolutionary ideology.
6. Who does Debord see as representing the essence of the spectacle's banality?
(b) Media stars.
7. What is the pivotal issue that Debord thinks is ignored in revolutionary theory?
8. According to thesis 55, struggles between forces have been established for the purpose of running what?
(a) Socioeconomic system.
(c) Political system.
9. What are the two kinds of revolution described in Chapter 4?
(a) Scientific and Historical.
(b) Bourgeois and Proletariat.
(c) Theoretical and Established.
(d) Military and Peaceful.
10. The historical moment of the spectacle corresponds to when the commodity completes what, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Insubordination of social life.
(b) Colonization of social life.
(c) Isolation of humanity.
(d) Negation of humanity.
11. What item does Debord use in Chapter 3 to demonstrate a fad?
12. To Marx, the __________ was more important than the law.
13. The continual process of product replacement leads to what in Chapter 3?
(b) True atonomy.
(c) Fake gratification.
14. Debord says that survival can gild poverty, but it cannot ___________ it.
15. As it accumulates, where does Chapter 2 say that capital spreads to?
(a) The periphery.
(b) The center.
(c) The bottom.
(d) The top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Racism invests vulgar rankings in the hierarchies of consumption through a _______ superiority in Chapter 3.
2. According to Debord, each new product is supposed to offer a shortcut to the promised land of what?
3. Chapter 2 begins with a quote from ___.
4. What is the chief product of present day society, according to Chapter 1?
5. What role does Debord believe money plays in commodity?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)