|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the commodity, what established itself as the dominant science in Debord's opinion?
(a) Political sociology.
(d) Political economy.
2. Marx favored what method to establish a socialist society?
(a) Totalitarian authority.
(b) Gradual process.
(c) Military coup.
(d) Political campaign.
3. What ushers in the class struggles of the long revolutionary periods, according to Hegel?
4. What did Hegel interpret according to Chapter 4?
(a) Socialistic obscurity.
(b) World transformation.
(c) Capitalistic domination.
(d) Communist revolution.
5. What does an economic system founded on separation lead to, according to Chapter 1?
6. What does Debord believes lies behind the glitter of the spectacle's distractions?
(a) Global unity.
(d) Global domination.
7. In thesis 5, the spectacle should be viewed as what?
(a) A schnell.
(b) A wachenburg.
(c) A weltanschauung.
(d) A schneidel.
8. The dynamism of capitalism is ruled by things that are what, in Chapter 3?
9. The historical moment of the spectacle corresponds to when the commodity completes what, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Isolation of humanity.
(b) Insubordination of social life.
(c) Colonization of social life.
(d) Negation of humanity.
10. In Russia, the Communist party takeover happened under _________.
11. What does the spectacle accumulate to the point where it becomes an image in Chapter 1?
12. In thesis 4, images _________ the spectacle.
13. The economy's __________ as an independent power also spells its doom, according to Debord.
14. Debord sees Marxist theory as what?
15. What does Debord say every Chinese person must study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Debord use in Chapter 3 to demonstrate a fad?
2. In Debord's opinion, the spectacle is an heir to the ______ of Western philosophy.
3. Debord believes the spectacle uses money for what only?
4. What year did Marx's revolution fail?
5. The abundance of commodity is no more than _____________, according to Chapter 2.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)