|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Marx's revolution fail?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Debord refers to commodity as what?
(c) Old friend.
(d) Old enemy.
3. The commodity is valued as what, in Chapter 3?
(a) Quo commodity.
(b) Id commodity.
(c) Il commodity.
(d) Qua commodity.
4. In Russia, the Communist party takeover happened under _________.
5. In Chapter 3, the spectacle is the epic strife that no fall of ______ can bring to an end.
6. The Bourgeois Era was eager to give history what kind of foundation?
7. Debord believes the spectacle uses money for what only?
8. The historical moment of the spectacle corresponds to when the commodity completes what, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Negation of humanity.
(b) Insubordination of social life.
(c) Isolation of humanity.
(d) Colonization of social life.
9. What does the commodity's mechanical accumulation unleash in Chapter 3?
(b) Limitless artificiality.
(d) Limited reality.
10. In Debord's opinion, what does the spectacle manufacture?
11. According to thesis 21, what is a social necessity?
12. What does Debord believes lies behind the glitter of the spectacle's distractions?
(a) Global domination.
(c) Global unity.
13. What does Debord believe the unity of poverty conceals?
14. In the quote from Red Flag at the beginning of Chapter 3, there is the proletarian conception and the _________ conception.
15. What ideology does Debord believe relies on violent myth, pseudo-values, and archaic practices?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tendency that the spectacle creates for the planet to function under a single field of operation, according to Debord?
2. In thesis 13, Debord compares the spectacle to what?
3. Racism invests vulgar rankings in the hierarchies of consumption through a _______ superiority in Chapter 3.
4. In thesis 4, images _________ the spectacle.
5. Debord saw Hegel's role as one of a _____________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)