|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Ideology Materialized.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strictly a secondary consideration of time by the modern production system in Chapter 6?
(a) Biological element.
(b) Historical element.
(c) Organic element.
(d) Mechanical element.
2. In thesis 4, images _________ the spectacle.
3. A successful critique of the spectacle takes ___________, in Debord's opinion.
4. In thesis 3, the spectacle serves as a means of what in society?
5. The rise of __________ Communism exposes the lie of it being an international ideology, according to Chapter 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a necessary part of an abundant society, according to Chapter 8?
2. In spectacular society, ___________ of time gives way to real time, according to Chapter 6.
3. In thesis 5, the spectacle should be viewed as what?
4. What is an illusion of production in thesis 27?
5. In thesis 16, Debord refers to the spectacle as a what?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)