|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Ideology Materialized.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The unified critique of culture includes the culture of knowledge and the culture of _____, according to Debord.
2. The spectacular power corrupts its subordinates through ____________ in Chapter 8.
3. According to Debord, workers exchange production time for what commodity?
4. The specialization of _____ is the root of the spectacle, as described in Chapter 1.
5. Chapter 8 begins with a letter from Arnold Ruge to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is modern society's obsession with time, as described in Chapter 6?
2. In thesis 9, Debord says truth is a moment of what?
3. In thesis 35, the commodity abounds in ____________subtleties.
4. The revolution will restore what in terms of travel and place, according to Chapter 7?
5. What was the first ruling class for which labor was a value, according to Chapter 5?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)