|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Ideology Materialized.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What science did the Utopians take as their model?
2. According to thesis 44, the spectacle is a permanent _________ war.
3. Debord sees the proletarian revolution as the critique of ________.
(a) Political systems.
(b) Education imperatives.
(c) Religious power.
(d) Human geography.
4. In thesis 16, Debord refers to the spectacle as a what?
5. The spectacle preserves both materialism and ___________, in Debord's opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Debord believe is the chief mechanism for passing on class power?
2. What does Debord say planned environments have created?
3. When does Debord believe new products evaporate into vulgarity?
4. Debord says that emancipation from the spectacle requires what?
5. What era does Debord believe de-sanctified power?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)