|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Negation and Consumption within Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The economy's __________ as an independent power also spells its doom, according to Debord.
2. What does the commodity's mechanical accumulation unleash in Chapter 3?
(b) Limited reality.
(c) Limitless artificiality.
3. Which of the senses does Debord believe the spectacle can manipulate the most?
4. Debord sees Marxist theory as what?
5. What does Debord believe is the star commodity in the society of the spectacle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What science did the Utopians take as their model?
2. What does Debord believes lies behind the glitter of the spectacle's distractions?
3. According to Debord, workers exchange production time for what commodity?
4. In the least industrialized regions, Debord believes dictatorships are felt in the form of what?
5. The commodity is exclusively what in nature, according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)