|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Negation and Consumption within Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As man creates his own world, the more drastically Debord believes he is cut off from what?
2. In the world of advertising, it is forbidden to do what?
(b) Be young.
(c) Get old.
3. What kind of pseudo-cyclical time is time in the spectacle, according to Chapter 6?
4. What has arisen as the proxy of the use value of a commodity, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Production value.
(b) Exchange value.
(c) Perceived value.
5. Who is representative of a person leaving cyclical time in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. The unified critique of culture includes the culture of knowledge and the culture of _____, according to Debord.
2. What does Debord see as the beginning and the end of the spectacle?
3. What is the product of the leisure of localizations in Chapter 7?
4. In thesis 20, the spectacle is the material reconstruction of what?
5. Debord states at the end of Chapter 6 that the world has the ______ of another kind of time.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)