|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Negation and Consumption within Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tendency that the spectacle creates for the planet to function under a single field of operation, according to Debord?
2. Debord states at the end of Chapter 6 that the world has the ______ of another kind of time.
3. What does Debord believe the commodity excludes?
4. The abundance of commodity is no more than _____________, according to Chapter 2.
(a) Augmented survival.
(b) Survival supplemented.
(d) Survival negated.
5. What does the commodity's mechanical accumulation unleash in Chapter 3?
(a) Limitless artificiality.
(c) Limited reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Debord saw Hegel's role as one of a _____________.
2. The spectacle in thesis 4 is described as what?
3. What is the pivotal issue that Debord thinks is ignored in revolutionary theory?
4. What becomes a commodity in the economics of affluence, according to Chapter 3?
5. What is the chief product of present day society, according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)