|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Proletariat as Subject and as Representation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In thesis 3, the spectacle serves as a means of what in society?
2. What is the pivotal issue that Debord thinks is ignored in revolutionary theory?
3. The historical moment of the spectacle corresponds to when the commodity completes what, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Isolation of humanity.
(b) Insubordination of social life.
(c) Colonization of social life.
(d) Negation of humanity.
4. What does the commodity's mechanical accumulation unleash in Chapter 3?
(b) Limited reality.
(c) Limitless artificiality.
5. The economy's __________ as an independent power also spells its doom, according to Debord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Debord see as the beginning and the end of the spectacle?
2. In Debord's opinion, the spectacle is an heir to the ______ of Western philosophy.
3. The rise of __________ Communism exposes the lie of it being an international ideology, according to Chapter 4.
4. The spectacle in thesis 4 is described as what?
5. What is the tendency that the spectacle creates for the planet to function under a single field of operation, according to Debord?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)