|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Proletariat as Subject and as Representation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spectacle accumulate to the point where it becomes an image in Chapter 1?
2. Production was initially a means of what?
3. In thesis 3, the spectacle serves as a means of what in society?
4. Racism invests vulgar rankings in the hierarchies of consumption through a _______ superiority in Chapter 3.
5. As it accumulates, where does Chapter 2 say that capital spreads to?
(a) The bottom.
(b) The top.
(c) The center.
(d) The periphery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the general responsible for the battle of Kursk?
2. What does Debord see as the beginning and the end of the spectacle?
3. Because of the economy of the commodity, the worker has a new role as what in Chapter 2?
4. Debord says that survival can gild poverty, but it cannot ___________ it.
5. The economy's __________ as an independent power also spells its doom, according to Debord.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)