|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Proletariat as Subject and as Representation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Debord believes the spectacle uses money for what only?
2. Because of the economy of the commodity, the worker has a new role as what in Chapter 2?
3. In order to succeed, Debord says revolutionary theory must reject what?
(a) Spectacular seduction.
(d) Revolutionary ideology.
4. According to Debord, each new product is supposed to offer a shortcut to the promised land of what?
5. What item does Debord use in Chapter 3 to demonstrate a fad?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to thesis 55, struggles between forces have been established for the purpose of running what?
2. Debord believes political economy never considers the worker in his what?
3. In thesis 4, images _________ the spectacle.
4. Dictatorships must be attended by permanent what, according to Debord?
5. Who does Debord see as representing the essence of the spectacle's banality?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)