|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Unity and Division within Appearance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Debord refers to commodity as what?
(c) Old enemy.
(d) Old friend.
2. As it accumulates, where does Chapter 2 say that capital spreads to?
(a) The periphery.
(b) The top.
(c) The bottom.
(d) The center.
3. Who does Debord say delivered his own funeral oration in a sense?
4. Debord believes the origin of the spectacle lies in the world's loss of what?
5. What becomes a commodity in the economics of affluence, according to Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the contradiction that commodity must resolve according to thesis 45?
2. The more a spectator contemplates life, the less Debord believes he is doing what?
3. What is an illusion of production in thesis 27?
4. Through production, Debord sees the economy is based on __________.
5. According to thesis 42, the entirety of what is transformed into the total commodity?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)