|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Unity and Division within Appearance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The specialization of _____ is the root of the spectacle, as described in Chapter 1.
2. The spectacle in thesis 4 is described as what?
(a) A monster.
(b) A political system.
(c) A foe.
(d) A social relationship.
3. Debord believes political economy never considers the worker in his what?
4. The spectacle is quintessentially dogmatic, yet produces no solid _______, in Chapter 3.
5. Who does Debord see as representing the essence of the spectacle's banality?
(d) Media stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through production, Debord sees the economy is based on __________.
2. In thesis 5, the spectacle should be viewed as what?
3. What becomes a commodity in the economics of affluence, according to Chapter 3?
4. Debord says that survival can gild poverty, but it cannot ___________ it.
5. In the least industrialized regions, Debord believes dictatorships are felt in the form of what?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)