|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Organization of Territory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era does Debord say was obsessed with death?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient Rome.
(d) Middle Ages.
2. What does Debord believe is the chief mechanism for passing on class power?
3. The dynamism of capitalism is ruled by things that are what, in Chapter 3?
4. What era does Debord believe de-sanctified power?
(c) Middle Ages.
(d) Ancient Greece.
5. According to thesis 55, struggles between forces have been established for the purpose of running what?
(b) Socioeconomic system.
(d) Political system.
Short Answer Questions
1. The continual process of product replacement leads to what in Chapter 3?
2. What must be historically manufactured in order to maintain the growth of the modern state bureaucracy in Chapter 7?
3. What becomes a commodity in the economics of affluence, according to Chapter 3?
4. The spectacle is quintessentially dogmatic, yet produces no solid _______, in Chapter 3.
5. What do societies focus on in Chapter 5 to enable them to span time?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)