|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Organization of Territory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the general responsible for the battle of Kursk?
2. What are the temples of frenetic consumption in Chapter 7?
(b) Shopping centers.
3. What must be historically manufactured in order to maintain the growth of the modern state bureaucracy in Chapter 7?
4. What era does Debord believe de-sanctified power?
(c) Middle Ages.
(d) Ancient Greece.
5. Who does Debord see as representing the essence of the spectacle's banality?
(d) Media stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cyclical time is rooted in what kind of labor in Chapter 5?
2. In previous periods, who does Debord say architectural innovation served?
3. According to Debord, each new product is supposed to offer a shortcut to the promised land of what?
4. Who does Debord see as representing the return of reflecting on secular power?
5. What does Debord say planned environments have created?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)