|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Organization of Territory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The commodity is valued as what, in Chapter 3?
(a) Qua commodity.
(b) Il commodity.
(c) Quo commodity.
(d) Id commodity.
2. In previous periods, who does Debord say architectural innovation served?
(a) The ruling class.
(b) The poor.
3. The Renaissance embodies a new form of possessing what in Chapter 5?
(a) Historical life.
(b) Political power.
(c) Spectacular society.
(d) Economic imperative.
4. Fads make the commodity more and more what, according to Debord?
5. Dictatorships must be attended by permanent what, according to Debord?
Short Answer Questions
1. Racism invests vulgar rankings in the hierarchies of consumption through a _______ superiority in Chapter 3.
2. Cyclical time started with what group of people in Chapter 5?
3. In the quote from Red Flag at the beginning of Chapter 3, there is the proletarian conception and the _________ conception.
4. What effectively erases history, according to Debord?
5. When does Debord believe new products evaporate into vulgarity?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)