|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Erica to Harold?
(a) A friend of Erica's.
(d) Her mother.
2. What personal problem does Harold begin having after he becomes romantically involved with Erica?
(a) He wants to cheat on her.
(b) He yearns for her all the time.
(c) He wants to take things slower than she does.
(d) He becomes less attracted to her.
3. What does Harold feel takes over his life in Chapter 13?
(b) His work.
(c) Money worries.
4. What institution does Herold begin working for in Chapter 15?
(a) The Historical Society.
(b) The University of Maryland.
(d) The Peace Corps.
5. How long do Brooks and Eric work together before they start hanging out outside work?
(a) One week.
(c) Several years.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Brooks states that the Recession led to an essential reduction in what?
2. According to Brooks in Chapter 14, what is a major issue with the human mind?
3. What school does Erica get accepted to in Chapter 9?
4. According to Brooks in the end of Chapter 13, the end-point of limerence is what?
5. What issue do the insurgents of Chapter 16 have after they produce their proposals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Raymond and Erica play major roles in the rebound of Intercom?
2. How does Harold battle overweening passion in Chapter 13?
3. How does Brooks explain the difference between wealthy and poor children's play time in Chapter 7?
4. How does Erica almost get arrested in Chapter 7?
5. What does Brooks assess the search for harmony in Chapter 13?
6. How is the mind inefficient, according to David Brooks?
7. How does Erica come back from her explosion in Chapter 8?
8. Describe Erica's experience at the consulting firm.
9. What traumatic event occurs to Erica during a tennis match in Chapter 8?
10. What is limerence?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)