|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erica particularly admire about Raymond in Chapter 16?
(a) His sense of loyalty.
(b) His self-awareness.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His work ethic.
2. Who introduces Erica to Harold?
(a) A friend of Erica's.
(d) Her mother.
3. What nearly happened to Erica at age 10?
(a) She was nearly sent to China.
(b) She nearly lost her mother.
(c) She nearly got arrested.
(d) She nearly died.
4. What school does Erica get accepted to in Chapter 9?
(a) University of Denver.
(d) Notre Dame.
5. In Chapter 9, Erica determines that society is a series of overlying what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Erica when she becomes CEO of Intercom?
2. What does Erica do more often after dissolving her business?
3. How does Brooks describe Erica's immediate family in Chapter 7?
4. How does the board of the Academy help Erica matriculate in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Harrison value above all else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traumatic event occurs to Erica during a tennis match in Chapter 8?
2. How does Erica come back from her explosion in Chapter 8?
3. How do Raymond and Erica play major roles in the rebound of Intercom?
4. How is the Academy schedule different from public school?
5. How does the business collapse in Chapter 14?
6. How does Brooks describe the relationship between the unconscious and the conscious mind in Chapter 15?
7. How does the success of Erica's business affect her marriage?
8. What impresses Erica about Raymond during their lunches in Chapter 16?
9. What is limerence?
10. In Chapter 9, what does Brooks say is often true ambitious individuals?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)