|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Brooks states that the unconscious mind can perform complex tasks without what?
(a) Achieving a conclusion.
(b) Alerting the conscious mind.
(c) Our being awake.
(d) Taking in stimuli.
2. In a theory quoted at the end of Chapter 14, a company sick inside does what?
(a) Gets sicker and dies.
(b) Realligns itself.
(c) Relies of government subsidies.
(d) Has an innovative breakthrough.
3. What issue do the insurgents of Chapter 16 have after they produce their proposals?
(a) Who will review them.
(b) How do they get them to the CEO.
(c) Who they will benefit.
(d) Which member will present them.
4. What does Harold explain to Erica about history in Chapter 15?
(a) The causes of the Depression.
(b) Civil libertarianism.
(c) The Great Man theory.
(d) The Rationalist world view.
5. On the same day Harold meets Erica, his friend, Mark, offers him a job doing what?
(a) Producing films.
(b) Programming software.
(c) Writing speeches.
(d) Testing video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Rationalists, what adversely affects business?
2. What has Erica heard about Intercom before her interview in Chapter 14?
3. According to Brooks in Chapter 14, what is a major issue with the human mind?
4. Why is Erica not let into New Hope at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. How does Erica's school respond to her tennis match tantrum in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the success of Erica's business affect her marriage?
2. Why is Amy facing so may problems in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Brooks say is often true ambitious individuals?
4. Why does Erica nearly not go to the University of Denver in Chapter 9?
5. How does Brooks describe the relationship between the unconscious and the conscious mind in Chapter 15?
6. Describe Erica's experience at the consulting firm.
7. How do the founders of the Academy view poverty in America?
8. How does the business collapse in Chapter 14?
9. Describe the ideology of Rationalism.
10. What is limerence?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)