|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Brooks points out that the female orgasm is what type of process?
(a) A physical process.
(b) A moral process.
(c) A liminoid process.
(d) A mental process.
2. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
3. Which of the following ridiculous items is listed in the homework requirements in Chapter 5?
(a) A brick from the Great Wall.
(b) A sloth's toenail.
(d) Half an Ambien.
4. What did John Bowlby determine was key to a child's development?
5. What is the term that Antonio Damasio coins?
(a) Emotional Acuity Index.
(b) Emotional Sensitivity Response.
(c) Emotional Pulse Directive.
(d) Emotional Positioning System.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unnerving assignment does Ms. Taylor give Harold in Chapter 6?
2. How does Brooks describe Harold's intelligence in Chapter 6?
3. Why are Rob and Julia concerned at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What is the story Julia tells Harold in Chapter 5 about?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what group of teenagers does Brooks say is discriminated against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What great skill does Harold have in high school?
2. How does Ms. Taylor guide Harold's reading in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Timothy Wilson think that the unconscious mind does the majority of the work in thinking?
4. What is Brooks' stated political reason for writing "The Social Animal"?
5. What did John Bowlby's research reveal about childhood?
6. What is the Composure Class?
7. According to Brooks, what separates us from other animals?
8. According to Brooks in the introduction, why are Harold and Erica so successful?
9. How does Ms. Taylor shape Harold's interest in the classical world?
10. How does Brooks use the meeting of Julia and Rob to illustrate the surprise of similarities?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)