|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the introduction, Brooks states that Harold and Erica have what type of skills?
(a) Paranormal skills.
(b) Arithmetic skills.
(c) Rational skills.
(d) Noncognitive skills.
2. What rare ability does Harold have in high school society?
(a) He can speak to girls.
(b) He can get A's without studying.
(c) He can mirror cliques.
(d) He can laugh at an insult.
3. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
4. What do children lack at an early age?
(a) An inner voice.
(c) Spatial reasoning.
(d) The ability to have REM sleep.
5. In Chapter 3, Julia calls Harold half cupid, half what?
(a) Black hole.
(c) Lord Fontleroy.
(d) Storm trooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 6, Ms. Taylor has taught Harold to do what?
2. What superlative does Brooks use to describe his story in the introduction?
3. In Chapter 1, Damasio determines that people's unconscious selves draw on what to function?
4. According to James LeDoux in Chapter 1, what is the relationship of the conscious mind to emotion?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Antonio Damasio have difficulty doing with Elliot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John Bowlby's research reveal about childhood?
2. How does Ms. Taylor permanently affect Harold's life?
3. How does Ms. Taylor guide Harold's reading in Chapter 6?
4. How does Brooks describe the day-to-day life of the Composure Class?
5. What is Brooks' stated political reason for writing "The Social Animal"?
6. What is the Composure Class?
7. Describe Ms. Taylor.
8. How did Brooks come up with the idea of telling a story to illustrate his social critique?
9. How does Harold's tiger statement in Chapter 4 illustrate a complex human process?
10. What wisdom about teaching teenagers does Ms. Taylor possess?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)