|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Brooks states that the unconscious mind can perform complex tasks without what?
(a) Taking in stimuli.
(b) Achieving a conclusion.
(c) Alerting the conscious mind.
(d) Our being awake.
2. According to Brooks in the end of Chapter 13, the end-point of limerence is what?
3. What does Mark say he is in search of in Chapter 12?
(a) Intense world.
(b) More money than God.
(c) Perfect moments.
4. According to the Rationalists, what adversely affects business?
(a) Human foibles.
(c) Overarching systems.
(d) Imprecise accounting.
5. Which of the following is not a culture Erica immerses herself in at college?
6. How does Brooks describe Erica's immediate family in Chapter 7?
(a) Fiercely religious.
(b) Downwardly mobile.
(c) A melting pot.
7. How long do Brooks and Eric work together before they start hanging out outside work?
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Several years.
8. What nearly happened to Erica at age 10?
(a) She nearly got arrested.
(b) She nearly died.
(c) She was nearly sent to China.
(d) She nearly lost her mother.
9. What does Erica feel about the new workers she hires in Chapter 14?
(a) She values each of them.
(b) She views them as cogs in a machine.
(c) She is attracted to several.
(d) She thinks they are lazy and unmotivates.
10. What is the physical indication that Erica and Harold's relationship is becoming romantic in Chapter 13?
(a) They kiss.
(b) She stares in his eyes.
(c) They hold hands.
(d) They make furtive love.
11. In Chapter 13, what term does Brooks use to describe the mechanism that tells us how we are viewed?
(a) Personal review.
(b) Image monitor.
(c) Status sonor.
12. How does Erica's school respond to her tennis match tantrum in Chapter 8?
(a) They have a school meeting.
(b) They kick her off the team.
(c) They put her on academic probation.
(d) They expel her.
13. When do Erica, Raymond, and the other insurgents discuss reforms everyday?
(a) In a covert meeting.
(b) At a bar after work.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) At lunch.
14. Who introduces Erica to Harold?
(c) Her mother.
(d) A friend of Erica's.
15. What disorder does Amy have?
(c) Manic depressive disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Raymond and Erica present their proposals in Chapter 16?
2. Who eventually defends Erica's choice to leave for college in Chapter 9?
3. Which tennis star does Brooks compare Erica to in Chapter 8?
4. What suffers with the success of the business in Chapter 14?
5. According to a study quoted in Chapter 7, ninety percent of couples that have children plan to do what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)