|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brooks call the new stage of life?
(a) The odyssey years.
(b) The victmhood years.
(c) The resignation years.
(d) The windfall years.
2. According to Brooks in the end of Chapter 13, the end-point of limerence is what?
3. What does Erica do more often after dissolving her business?
(a) Go out with friends.
(c) Have sex.
4. Which of the following is a condition that Raymond insists on in Chapter 16 is the group prepares its proposals?
(a) Taggart has to go.
(b) It must be a done in public.
(c) It must be budget neutral.
(d) He must have a veto.
5. Where do Harold and Erica meet at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A public park.
(c) A Chili's.
6. How long do Brooks and Eric work together before they start hanging out outside work?
(a) One week.
(b) Several years.
(d) Two days.
7. In Chapter 9, Erica determines that society is a series of overlying what?
8. How old is Erica when she becomes CEO of Intercom?
9. In Chapter 13, what term does Brooks use to describe the mechanism that tells us how we are viewed?
(b) Status sonor.
(c) Personal review.
(d) Image monitor.
10. What institution does Herold begin working for in Chapter 15?
(b) The Peace Corps.
(c) The University of Maryland.
(d) The Historical Society.
11. What does Erica feel about the new workers she hires in Chapter 14?
(a) She values each of them.
(b) She is attracted to several.
(c) She views them as cogs in a machine.
(d) She thinks they are lazy and unmotivates.
12. What characterizes more affluent children's play time, as described by Brooks in Chapter 7?
(a) It's more rigidly scheduled.
(b) It is safer.
(c) It is more education-based.
(d) It is less constricted.
13. Who eventually defends Erica's choice to leave for college in Chapter 9?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
14. In Chapter 13, Brooks states that the desire for limerence explains people's desire to do what?
(b) Create great works of art.
(c) Join certain groups.
(d) Make money.
15. In Chapter 9, what do both sides of Erica's family expect of her after the Academy?
(a) She will go to an Ivy League school.
(b) She will join the military.
(c) She will live in China.
(d) She will stay near her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a step of human decision-making?
2. According to a study quoted in Chapter 7, ninety percent of couples that have children plan to do what?
3. Why is Harold's advice to Erica initially unhelpful in Chapter 15?
4. On the same day Harold meets Erica, his friend, Mark, offers him a job doing what?
5. Which of the following is a precaution Erica takes in Chapter 13 to ensure there is no romantic connotation to her work with Harold?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)