|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nearly happened to Erica at age 10?
(a) She nearly got arrested.
(b) She nearly died.
(c) She was nearly sent to China.
(d) She nearly lost her mother.
2. In Chapter 14, Brooks states that the Recession led to an essential reduction in what?
(c) Home ownership.
(d) Coroporate lending.
3. When do Erica, Raymond, and the other insurgents discuss reforms everyday?
(a) At lunch.
(b) At a bar after work.
(c) In a covert meeting.
(d) At breakfast.
4. What has Erica heard about Intercom before her interview in Chapter 14?
(a) It is a terrible company.
(b) It is on the cusp of a breakthrough.
(c) It is a next-generation business model.
(d) It is easy to rise through its ranks.
5. What was Intercom's original line of business?
(a) Microchip producer.
(b) Stock trader.
(c) Commericial paper.
(d) Cable provider.
6. In Chapter 13, Brooks states that the desire for limerence explains people's desire to do what?
(a) Create great works of art.
(b) Join certain groups.
(d) Make money.
7. On the same day Harold meets Erica, his friend, Mark, offers him a job doing what?
(a) Testing video games.
(b) Writing speeches.
(c) Producing films.
(d) Programming software.
8. What did Walter Mischel suggest children do in his marshmallow experiment which helped them wait longer to eat the candy?
(a) Shut their eyes.
(b) Drink a glass of milk.
(c) Imagine it was something else.
(d) Suck their thumbs.
9. Which of the following is not a culture Erica immerses herself in at college?
10. Which of the following is not a historic example of Rationalist thought?
(a) The Monroe Doctrine.
(b) Platonic ideal.
(c) Soviet Man.
(d) Descartes analysis.
11. E.O. Wilson believes individuals are born with what?
(a) A future predetermined.
(b) A political viewpoint.
(c) A social stratus.
(d) A personality.
12. In Chapter 9, what does Brooks assert as a primary difference between humans and other animals?
(a) We build cities.
(b) We solve problems.
(c) We have self-awareness.
(d) We mate for life.
13. Where do Raymond and Erica present their proposals in Chapter 16?
(a) A live webcast of investors.
(b) A private meeting with Taggard.
(c) The annual full-company meeting.
(d) A board meeting.
14. Which of the following is not an acquisition Taggart makes for Intercom?
(a) A television company.
(b) An appliance store.
(c) A video game developer.
(d) A biotech firm.
15. Why is Harold's advice to Erica initially unhelpful in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too ambitious in his viewpoints.
(b) He sides with Taggard.
(c) He is jealous of Raymond.
(d) He is no longer part of the business world.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brooks in the end of Chapter 13, the end-point of limerence is what?
2. Which word is the closest synonym to limerence?
3. What does Harold feel takes over his life in Chapter 13?
4. What does Erica decide to do at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Who introduces Erica to Harold?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)