|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Rationalists, what adversely affects business?
(a) Overarching systems.
(b) Human foibles.
(c) Imprecise accounting.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Harrison value above all else?
(d) Critical thinking.
3. What personal problem does Harold begin having after he becomes romantically involved with Erica?
(a) He wants to cheat on her.
(b) He becomes less attracted to her.
(c) He wants to take things slower than she does.
(d) He yearns for her all the time.
4. Who does Erica confide in regarding her tantrum in Chapter 8?
(a) The head of the Academy.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her coach.
5. When Walter Mischel repeated his marshmallow experiment year later, what did he use instead of a marshmallow?
(a) A sardine.
(b) A ham sandwich.
(c) A gummi bear.
(d) An Oreo.
6. In Chapter 9, what does Brooks assert as a primary difference between humans and other animals?
(a) We build cities.
(b) We mate for life.
(c) We solve problems.
(d) We have self-awareness.
7. What does Harold explain to Erica about history in Chapter 15?
(a) The Great Man theory.
(b) The Rationalist world view.
(c) Civil libertarianism.
(d) The causes of the Depression.
8. What disorder does Amy have?
(d) Manic depressive disorder.
9. What was Intercom's original line of business?
(a) Cable provider.
(b) Microchip producer.
(c) Commericial paper.
(d) Stock trader.
10. What issue do the insurgents of Chapter 16 have after they produce their proposals?
(a) Who will review them.
(b) How do they get them to the CEO.
(c) Which member will present them.
(d) Who they will benefit.
11. What has Erica heard about Intercom before her interview in Chapter 14?
(a) It is a terrible company.
(b) It is a next-generation business model.
(c) It is on the cusp of a breakthrough.
(d) It is easy to rise through its ranks.
12. Why is Harold's advice to Erica initially unhelpful in Chapter 15?
(a) He is no longer part of the business world.
(b) He is too ambitious in his viewpoints.
(c) He sides with Taggard.
(d) He is jealous of Raymond.
13. According to Brooks in Chapter 14, what is a major issue with the human mind?
(a) Its blood circulation.
(b) Its processing speed.
(c) Its prejudices.
(d) Its overconfidence.
14. What does Erica do more often after dissolving her business?
(a) Have sex.
(d) Go out with friends.
15. Who introduces Erica to Harold?
(b) A friend of Erica's.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Erica's school respond to her tennis match tantrum in Chapter 8?
2. How do the founders of the Academy describe poverty in their mission?
3. In Chapter 8, what step does Brooks suggest is most important to decision-making?
4. Which of the following is a precaution Erica takes in Chapter 13 to ensure there is no romantic connotation to her work with Harold?
5. What institution does Herold begin working for in Chapter 15?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)