|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose parents are Rob and Julia?
(a) David Brooks.
2. What was Intercom's original line of business?
(a) Microchip producer.
(b) Cable provider.
(c) Stock trader.
(d) Commericial paper.
3. What does Brooks say both Julia and Rob worry about doing when they meet?
(a) Coming off as cocky.
(b) Coming off as aloof.
(c) Coming off as desperate.
(d) Coming off as dumb.
4. Which of the following is a precaution Erica takes in Chapter 13 to ensure there is no romantic connotation to her work with Harold?
(a) She always wears a pants suit.
(b) She puts up pictures of her husband in the office.
(c) She insists they work in different locations.
(d) She shuts the bedroom door.
5. In Chapter 18, Brooks states that individuals may be born with what?
(a) A political world view.
(b) A fully formed bone structure.
(c) Moral foundations.
(d) Facial recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
2. How does Erica's school respond to her tennis match tantrum in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 3, Julia calls Harold half cupid, half what?
4. What does Erica realize she has become at the end of Chapter 18?
5. Who dies in Chapter 21?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)