|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rare ability does Harold have in high school society?
(a) He can mirror cliques.
(b) He can laugh at an insult.
(c) He can speak to girls.
(d) He can get A's without studying.
2. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
3. What does Ms. Taylor understand that teenagers are not?
(c) Erratic creatures.
(d) Empty vessels.
4. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
(c) A stand up shower.
(d) A television.
5. Where do Harold and Erica meet at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A Chili's.
(c) A public park.
(d) Her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Erica determines that society is a series of overlying what?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, to what does Brooks compare Harold's writing on his worksheet?
3. What is the term that Antonio Damasio coins?
4. In Chapter 1, Damasio determines that people's unconscious selves draw on what to function?
5. In Chapter 15, North Whitehead is quoted as saying history alternated between the simpleminded and what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)