|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harold take a job in Chapter 20?
(a) A think tank.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A university.
(d) A advertising firm.
2. On the same day Harold meets Erica, his friend, Mark, offers him a job doing what?
(a) Producing films.
(b) Testing video games.
(c) Writing speeches.
(d) Programming software.
3. In Chapter 4, what is Harold's favorite pastimes besides bonding with Julia?
(a) Pulling things off tables.
(b) Riding the dog.
(c) Bonding with Rob.
4. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, where does all the furniture of the upper class liberal group come from?
(b) Crate and Barrel.
(c) Pier One.
(d) Ethan Allen.
5. What did Walter Mischel suggest children do in his marshmallow experiment which helped them wait longer to eat the candy?
(a) Drink a glass of milk.
(b) Suck their thumbs.
(c) Shut their eyes.
(d) Imagine it was something else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Brooks' wealthy socialites all have in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 4, Harold illustrates his ability to abstract by saying he is what?
3. According to Brooks in the end of Chapter 13, the end-point of limerence is what?
4. What does Mark say he is in search of in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following is not something Harold and Erica do as a couple?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)