|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Damasio determines that people's unconscious selves draw on what to function?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Intellectual formulations.
2. At the end of Chapter 15, what does Brooks characterize the relationship between the conscious and the unconscious mind as?
(a) A war.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A rivalry.
(d) A corporate partnership.
3. Why did the delinquents in John Bowlby's study think they were abandoned?
(a) Their parents died.
(b) They were not good enough.
(c) Their parents were poor.
(d) They were sickly.
4. As he grows in Chapter 4, Harold develops the ability to always quote an appropriate what?
(a) Bedtime story.
(b) Grocery price.
(c) Music lyric.
(d) Political quote.
5. What disorder does Amy have?
(a) Manic depressive disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Brooks show that neurons do when we are near someone we are bonded to socially?
2. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, where does all the furniture of the upper class liberal group come from?
3. Which of the following is not an acquisition Taggart makes for Intercom?
4. According to Brooks in Chapter 9, modern social scientists say that geniuses are what?
5. What Greek term becomes the topic of Harold's paper in Chapter 6?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)