|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do children lack at an early age?
(a) Spatial reasoning.
(b) An inner voice.
(c) The ability to have REM sleep.
2. In her junior and senior years, what does Erica put at the center of her focus in order to control her temper?
(a) Her task.
(b) Her objective.
(c) Her emotions.
(d) Her happiness.
3. Which tennis star does Brooks compare Erica to in Chapter 8?
(a) Rafael Nadal.
(b) Andre Agase.
(c) Venus Williams.
(d) John McEnroe.
4. In Chapter 4, Harold illustrates his ability to abstract by saying he is what?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A giant.
(d) A cloud.
5. Why are Rob and Julia concerned at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Harold is lost in his own world.
(b) Rob's mother is sick.
(c) Julia has quit her job.
(d) Harold wants a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually defends Erica's choice to leave for college in Chapter 9?
2. According to Brooks in the Introduction what do Harold and Erica inherit?
3. What does Erica think of the entrepreneur she meets at the Academy in Chapter 9?
4. What disorder does Amy have?
5. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that there is little connection between a child's ability to complete homework and what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)