|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding our ability to process emotion and stimuli, to what does Brooks compare human beings?
(b) King's Cross.
(d) Grand Central Station.
2. What does Ms. Taylor understand that teenagers are not?
(b) Erratic creatures.
(c) Empty vessels.
3. According to Brooks in the Introduction what do Harold and Erica inherit?
(a) Their self-images.
(b) Their capacity to love.
(c) Their politics.
(d) Their intellects.
4. What does Erica decide to do at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Travel for a year.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Enter politics.
(d) Start her own firm.
5. What subject does Ms. Taylor teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Harrison value above all else?
2. In the introduction, Brooks states that Harold and Erica have what type of skills?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Brooks show that neurons do when we are near someone we are bonded to socially?
4. In her junior and senior years, what does Erica put at the center of her focus in order to control her temper?
5. Which of the following is not a photo that Antonio Damasio shows Elliot to elicit an emotional reaction?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)