|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek figure does Harold compare himself to in his journal when discussing anger?
2. Whose method does Brooks acknowledge he is borrowing in the introduction?
(c) Malcolm Gladwell's.
(d) Norman Mailer's.
3. Whose parents are Rob and Julia?
(a) David Brooks.
4. According to James LeDoux in Chapter 1, what is the relationship of the conscious mind to emotion?
(a) It is totally in tandem.
(b) It is peripheral.
(c) It has not connection.
(d) It is central.
5. In Chapter 4, Harold illustrates his ability to abstract by saying he is what?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea for a topic does Harold come up with his first night of writing?
2. How much more likely are people to laugh with others than by themselves?
3. In Chapter 2, Brooks points out that the female orgasm is what type of process?
4. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
5. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)