|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through introduction; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates us from animals, according to Brooks in the introduction?
(a) Our ability to form social bonds.
(b) Our ability to use language.
(c) Our ability to rationalize.
(d) Our ability to use tools.
2. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what large accessory do his social ascendants always have?
(a) A huge unvarnished dining table.
(b) A huge pool.
(c) A huge dog.
(d) A huge television.
3. How does Elliot lose his capacity to feel emotion in Chapter 1?
(a) He suffers a stroke.
(b) He has a brain tumor.
(c) He has an aneurysm.
(d) He is in a car accident.
4. What does Brooks say both Julia and Rob worry about doing when they meet?
(a) Coming off as aloof.
(b) Coming off as dumb.
(c) Coming off as cocky.
(d) Coming off as desperate.
5. What does Brooks say his day job is in the introduction?
(a) Speaking on television.
(b) Writing about politics.
(d) Giving paid lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding our ability to process emotion and stimuli, to what does Brooks compare human beings?
2. After Rob and Luis get married in Chapter 1, what task does Rob always insist on handling?
3. How many children do Brooks' wealthy socialites all have in Chapter 1?
4. What is the term that Antonio Damasio coins?
5. In the introduction, Brooks states that Harold and Erica have what type of skills?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)