|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through introduction; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous intellect does Brooks mention at the end of his introduction?
2. How many children do Brooks' wealthy socialites all have in Chapter 1?
3. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what large accessory do his social ascendants always have?
(a) A huge television.
(b) A huge unvarnished dining table.
(c) A huge dog.
(d) A huge pool.
4. After Rob and Luis get married in Chapter 1, what task does Rob always insist on handling?
(a) Planning vacations.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Fixing things.
(d) Choosing movies.
5. According to James LeDoux in Chapter 1, what is the relationship of the conscious mind to emotion?
(a) It is central.
(b) It has not connection.
(c) It is peripheral.
(d) It is totally in tandem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essential activity do Rob and Julie disagree on in Chapter 2?
2. What separates us from animals, according to Brooks in the introduction?
3. In the introduction, where does Brooks say the majority of thinking takes place?
4. What does Brooks say his day job is in the introduction?
5. Whose method does Brooks acknowledge he is borrowing in the introduction?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)