|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through introduction; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Antonio Damasio have difficulty doing with Elliot?
(a) Completing math problems.
(b) Planning sessions in advance.
(c) Holding his attention.
(d) Playing memory games.
2. According to James LeDoux in Chapter 1, what is the relationship of the conscious mind to emotion?
(a) It is peripheral.
(b) It is totally in tandem.
(c) It has not connection.
(d) It is central.
3. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
(a) Form bonds.
(b) Stive for greatness.
(d) Act irrationally.
4. What terms does Brooks use at the beginning of Chapter 1 to describe the upper-middle class liberal socialites of today?
(a) The Organic Class.
(b) The Composure Class.
(c) The Jackson Hole Class.
(d) The Kerry Class.
5. What does Brooks say both Julia and Rob worry about doing when they meet?
(a) Coming off as dumb.
(b) Coming off as desperate.
(c) Coming off as cocky.
(d) Coming off as aloof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding our ability to process emotion and stimuli, to what does Brooks compare human beings?
2. At the beginning of the introduction, Brooks assures the reader that his protagonists are not what?
3. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Julie insist on keeping on during sex?
5. According to Timothy Wilson of the University of Virginia, how many pieces of information can the unconscious mind take in?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)