|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a photo that Antonio Damasio shows Elliot to elicit an emotional reaction?
(a) An earthquake area.
(b) A nude woman.
(c) A flood.
(d) A accident scene.
2. When do Erica, Raymond, and the other insurgents discuss reforms everyday?
(a) At lunch.
(b) In a covert meeting.
(c) At a bar after work.
(d) At breakfast.
3. According to Brooks in Chapter 20, what professional group has invited the Dalai Lama to conferences?
(c) Community organizers.
4. How does Elliot lose his capacity to feel emotion in Chapter 1?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) He has an aneurysm.
(c) He suffers a stroke.
(d) He has a brain tumor.
5. What subject did John Bowlby focus on in addition to children?
(c) Economic conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more likely are people to laugh with others than by themselves?
2. What is the physical indication that Erica and Harold's relationship is becoming romantic in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 8, what step does Brooks suggest is most important to decision-making?
4. What is the topic of Harold's thesis in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 15, Brooks states that the unconscious mind can perform complex tasks without what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)