|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the book has a problem with manic depression?
(a) Ms. Taylor.
2. Where do Harold and Erica meet at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A public park.
(c) A Chili's.
(d) Her apartment.
3. At the end of Chapter 5, what regular event is a constant trauma in Harold's life?
(a) Going to school on Monday.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) His parents' doing out.
(d) Visiting friends' houses.
4. What did Walter Mischel suggest children do in his marshmallow experiment which helped them wait longer to eat the candy?
(a) Drink a glass of milk.
(b) Shut their eyes.
(c) Suck their thumbs.
(d) Imagine it was something else.
5. Which historic period below is described in the most positive terms?
(a) The French Enlightenment.
(b) The Victorian Era.
(c) The Post-War Years.
(d) The English Enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harold discover in a box of old items in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 14, Brooks states that the Recession led to an essential reduction in what?
3. What is the first thing Ms. Taylor tells Harold to do to prepare for his paper?
4. What was Intercom's original line of business?
5. Which of the following is not a term Brooks coins in the book?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)