|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harold take a job in Chapter 20?
(a) A advertising firm.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A university.
2. How long do Brooks and Eric work together before they start hanging out outside work?
(a) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Several years.
3. At the end of Chapter 15, what does Brooks characterize the relationship between the conscious and the unconscious mind as?
(a) A war.
(b) A rivalry.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A corporate partnership.
4. Which of the following is a precaution Erica takes in Chapter 13 to ensure there is no romantic connotation to her work with Harold?
(a) She shuts the bedroom door.
(b) She insists they work in different locations.
(c) She puts up pictures of her husband in the office.
(d) She always wears a pants suit.
5. Who introduces Erica to Harold?
(b) Her mother.
(c) A friend of Erica's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Brooks talks about Karl Popper's theory of what?
2. What is the story Julia tells Harold in Chapter 5 about?
3. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
4. Who does Erica confide in regarding her tantrum in Chapter 8?
5. E.O. Wilson believes individuals are born with what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)