|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Harrison value above all else?
(b) Critical thinking.
2. Where does Grace give his private speech to Erica and Harold in Chapter 19?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) An amphitheater.
(d) A van.
3. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
(b) A stand up shower.
(d) A television.
4. Which of the following is not a term Brooks coins in the book?
(a) The immortals.
(b) The composure class.
(c) The odyssey years.
(d) The losing generation.
5. What separates us from animals, according to Brooks in the introduction?
(a) Our ability to use tools.
(b) Our ability to form social bonds.
(c) Our ability to use language.
(d) Our ability to rationalize.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brooks in Chapter 9, modern social scientists say that geniuses are what?
2. What essential activity do Rob and Julie disagree on in Chapter 2?
3. According to Brooks in Chapter 4, early childhood is when Harold does what fastest?
4. What does Erica realize about her success at the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. When do Erica, Raymond, and the other insurgents discuss reforms everyday?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)