|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brooks in Chapter 4, early childhood is when Harold does what fastest?
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Gets attention.
2. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
(c) A television.
(d) A stand up shower.
3. Based on a misunderstanding with his parents in Chapter 5, what does Harold fear will happen if he does not behave?
(a) His hands will be cut off.
(b) He'll be sent to China.
(c) He will be starved.
(d) He won't get to go to school.
4. Why are Rob and Julia concerned at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Harold is lost in his own world.
(b) Harold wants a dog.
(c) Rob's mother is sick.
(d) Julia has quit her job.
5. According to Brooks in the Introduction what do Harold and Erica inherit?
(a) Their capacity to love.
(b) Their self-images.
(c) Their politics.
(d) Their intellects.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Julie insist on keeping on during sex?
2. In the Introduction, Brooks laments that most social policy is based on what understanding of humanity?
3. What essential activity do Rob and Julie disagree on in Chapter 2?
4. How many characters does Brooks say he will focus on in "The Social Animal"?
5. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, where does all the furniture of the upper class liberal group come from?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)