|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Rob and Luis get married in Chapter 1, what task does Rob always insist on handling?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Planning vacations.
(c) Fixing things.
(d) Choosing movies.
2. According to Brooks in his introduction, what is different about his book compared to the other social science books published in recent years?
(a) It focuses on America specifically.
(b) It focuses on the inner mind.
(c) It focuses on group dynamics.
(d) It focuses on real individuals.
3. In the introduction, Brooks states that Harold and Erica have what type of skills?
(a) Paranormal skills.
(b) Noncognitive skills.
(c) Arithmetic skills.
(d) Rational skills.
4. What book about Classical culture does Ms. Taylor give to Harold in Chapter 6?
(a) I, Claudius.
(b) The Greek Way.
(d) Memoirs of Hadrian.
5. What does Ms. Taylor want to match each student to?
(a) A lover.
(b) A perfect song.
(c) A life goal.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
2. How many neuron connections does a child make between the ages of two and three?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Brooks show that neurons do when we are near someone we are bonded to socially?
4. What subject did John Bowlby focus on in addition to children?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 5, to what does Brooks compare Harold's writing on his worksheet?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)