|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, what surprises all people when they meet a possible mate?
(a) How little most people know about politics.
(b) How difficult it is to seduce someone.
(c) How everyone orders the same first meal.
(d) How much they have in common.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Julie insist on keeping on during sex?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her socks.
(d) Her shirt.
3. What subject does Ms. Taylor teach?
4. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
5. What did John Bowlby determine was key to a child's development?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 5, what regular event is a constant trauma in Harold's life?
2. What is Ms. Taylor's tactic for making children learn?
3. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
4. According to Brooks in the Introduction what do Harold and Erica inherit?
5. According to Brooks in his introduction, what is different about his book compared to the other social science books published in recent years?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)