|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ridiculous items is listed in the homework requirements in Chapter 5?
(b) Half an Ambien.
(c) A brick from the Great Wall.
(d) A sloth's toenail.
2. What is the term that Antonio Damasio coins?
(a) Emotional Pulse Directive.
(b) Emotional Positioning System.
(c) Emotional Sensitivity Response.
(d) Emotional Acuity Index.
3. What does Brooks say his day job is in the introduction?
(a) Speaking on television.
(b) Giving paid lectures.
(d) Writing about politics.
4. Why are Rob and Julia concerned at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Rob's mother is sick.
(b) Harold wants a dog.
(c) Julia has quit her job.
(d) Harold is lost in his own world.
5. According to Timothy Wilson of the University of Virginia, how many pieces of information can the unconscious mind take in?
(a) 11 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 25 million.
(d) 6 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is Harold's favorite pastimes besides bonding with Julia?
2. What subject did John Bowlby focus on in addition to children?
3. Whose method does Brooks acknowledge he is borrowing in the introduction?
4. What separates us from animals, according to Brooks in the introduction?
5. What did John Bowlby determine was key to a child's development?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)