|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
(a) Stive for greatness.
(b) Act irrationally.
(c) Form bonds.
2. What terms does Brooks use at the beginning of Chapter 1 to describe the upper-middle class liberal socialites of today?
(a) The Composure Class.
(b) The Kerry Class.
(c) The Organic Class.
(d) The Jackson Hole Class.
3. In Chapter 2, Brooks points out that the female orgasm is what type of process?
(a) A physical process.
(b) A liminoid process.
(c) A moral process.
(d) A mental process.
4. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, where does all the furniture of the upper class liberal group come from?
(b) Ethan Allen.
(c) Crate and Barrel.
(d) Pier One.
5. Whose parents are Rob and Julia?
(d) David Brooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essential activity do Rob and Julie disagree on in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
3. In Chapter 4, what is Harold's favorite pastimes besides bonding with Julia?
4. How does Elliot lose his capacity to feel emotion in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 4, Harold illustrates his ability to abstract by saying he is what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)