|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Bowlby determine was key to a child's development?
2. How does Elliot lose his capacity to feel emotion in Chapter 1?
(a) He has an aneurysm.
(b) He has a brain tumor.
(c) He suffers a stroke.
(d) He is in a car accident.
3. What is Ms. Taylor's tactic for making children learn?
(a) She teaches them to take pleasure in it.
(b) She pays them.
(c) She uses references to popular culture.
(d) She drills information into them.
4. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
(a) Form bonds.
(b) Act irrationally.
(c) Stive for greatness.
5. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
2. Which Greek figure does Harold compare himself to in his journal when discussing anger?
3. What idea for a topic does Harold come up with his first night of writing?
4. What do children lack at an early age?
5. In Chapter 1, Antonio Damasio determines that - without emotion - people lead what type of lives?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)