|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding our ability to process emotion and stimuli, to what does Brooks compare human beings?
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) King's Cross.
2. What is laughter's major purpose, according to Brooks?
(a) Showing respect.
(b) Disarming foes.
(c) Communicating directions.
(d) Forming bonds.
3. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
4. At the beginning of the introduction, Brooks assures the reader that his protagonists are not what?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what group of teenagers does Brooks say is discriminated against?
(a) Attractive, popular kids.
(b) Artsy, dramatic kids.
(c) Small, nerdy kids.
(d) Introverted, sensitive kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Taylor want to match each student to?
2. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, what surprises all people when they meet a possible mate?
3. In the introduction, where does Brooks say the majority of thinking takes place?
4. What do children lack at an early age?
5. In Chapter 1, Damasio determines that people's unconscious selves draw on what to function?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)