|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose method does Brooks acknowledge he is borrowing in the introduction?
(c) Norman Mailer's.
(d) Malcolm Gladwell's.
2. What is Ms. Taylor's tactic for making children learn?
(a) She pays them.
(b) She drills information into them.
(c) She teaches them to take pleasure in it.
(d) She uses references to popular culture.
3. What is the first thing Ms. Taylor tells Harold to do to prepare for his paper?
(a) Consult a museum.
(b) Make flash cards of ideas.
(c) Outline his paper.
(d) Read five books.
4. What nearly happened to Erica at age 10?
(a) She was nearly sent to China.
(b) She nearly lost her mother.
(c) She nearly got arrested.
(d) She nearly died.
5. Which of the following ridiculous items is listed in the homework requirements in Chapter 5?
(a) A brick from the Great Wall.
(b) Half an Ambien.
(d) A sloth's toenail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually defends Erica's choice to leave for college in Chapter 9?
2. In her junior and senior years, what does Erica put at the center of her focus in order to control her temper?
3. Based on a misunderstanding with his parents in Chapter 5, what does Harold fear will happen if he does not behave?
4. When Walter Mischel repeated his marshmallow experiment year later, what did he use instead of a marshmallow?
5. What disorder does Amy have?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)