|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Brooks points out that the female orgasm is what type of process?
(a) A physical process.
(b) A mental process.
(c) A moral process.
(d) A liminoid process.
2. What does Erica decide to do at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Enter politics.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Start her own firm.
(d) Travel for a year.
3. Regarding our ability to process emotion and stimuli, to what does Brooks compare human beings?
(b) King's Cross.
(c) Grand Central Station.
4. Which of the following ridiculous items is listed in the homework requirements in Chapter 5?
(a) A sloth's toenail.
(b) Half an Ambien.
(d) A brick from the Great Wall.
5. In Chapter 4, what is Harold's favorite pastimes besides bonding with Julia?
(a) Pulling things off tables.
(c) Riding the dog.
(d) Bonding with Rob.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
2. E.O. Wilson believes individuals are born with what?
3. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, where does all the furniture of the upper class liberal group come from?
4. According to Brooks in his introduction, what is different about his book compared to the other social science books published in recent years?
5. Which of the following is not a photo that Antonio Damasio shows Elliot to elicit an emotional reaction?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)