|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction, Brooks laments that most social policy is based on what understanding of humanity?
2. According to Brooks in Chapter 4, early childhood is when Harold does what fastest?
(a) Gets attention.
(c) Falls asleep.
3. In Chapter 10, Brooks talks about Karl Popper's theory of what?
(a) Clock and clouds.
(b) Mounts and burrows.
(c) Valentines and vices.
(d) Sharks and pandas.
4. What rare ability does Harold have in high school society?
(a) He can laugh at an insult.
(b) He can get A's without studying.
(c) He can mirror cliques.
(d) He can speak to girls.
5. According to Brooks in his introduction, what is different about his book compared to the other social science books published in recent years?
(a) It focuses on real individuals.
(b) It focuses on group dynamics.
(c) It focuses on the inner mind.
(d) It focuses on America specifically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What field does Erica explore in Chapter 11?
2. How does Erica's school respond to her tennis match tantrum in Chapter 8?
3. What disorder does Amy have?
4. In Chapter 9, what do both sides of Erica's family expect of her after the Academy?
5. What is laughter's major purpose, according to Brooks?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)