|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is noted of Harry’s past, “It was strange, too, wasn't it, that when he fell in love with another woman, that woman should always have more” what “than the last one?”
2. What word meaning a cargo truck does Compton use when he arrives at the end of the story?
3. The woman that Harry took “away from a British gunner subaltern after a row” in one of his flashbacks is described as being from where?
4. When Harry and his companion begin arguing in the story, he tells her that what were his sword and his armor?
(a) Her money
(b) Her passion
(c) Her love
(d) Their children
5. Who does Harry consider “were dull and they drank too much, or they played too much backgammon”?
(a) The rich
Short Answer Questions
1. What term was popularized by Ernest Hemingway and referred to describe the generation that came of age during World War I?
2. In one flashback, Harry recalls “the man who had the fox to sell when they had walked into” what town?
3. What word from the narrative refers to the act or condition of giving tacit assent, agreement, or consent by silence or without objection?
4. What is the name of Harry’s female companion in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
5. Of whom does Harry think, “You said that you could write about these people; that you were not really of them but a spy in their country”?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)