|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sette Communi was a group of municipalities in the Veneto region that spoke what language?
(a) The Udmurt language
(b) The Sami language
(c) The Cimbrian language
(d) The Frisian language
2. In one flashback, Harry recalls “the man who had the fox to sell when they had walked into” what town?
(c) St. Gallen
3. Anatolia is a region of what current country?
4. Harry’s companion says in the beginning of the story, “I said I’d go anywhere you wanted. If you wanted to shoot we could have gone shooting” where?
(a) In Canada
(b) In Hungary
(c) In Wyoming
(d) In Germany
5. When describing his past to his companion who dictates, Harry describes the people of the Place Contrescarpe as being of two kinds: the drunkards and the what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of his female companion, Harry thinks to himself as she returns to camp, “she was not pretty, but he liked her” what?
2. When recalling his first, lost love, Harry recalls writing to tell her that he thought he saw her outside of what location and “it made him go all faint and sick inside”?
3. In his first flashbacks of memory, Harry recalls “looking out the window and seeing snow on the mountains in” what country?
4. The narrator says of Harry in the second half of the story, “So this was how you died, in whispers that you” what?
5. When dictating to his companion, Harry describes living in an apartment where you could see the wood and coal man’s place. What did the wood and coal man also sell?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)