|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of death, Harry says in the beginning of the story, “The remarkable thing is that it’s” what?
2. Harry tells his companion in the evening as they sit by the fire, “You know the only thing I've never lost is” what?
3. Tristan Tzara is described in Harry’s Paris flashback as wearing what?
(a) A beret
(b) A purple suit
(c) A monocle
(d) A top hat
4. How many winters does the narrator say Harry lived in the Arlberg?
5. When Harry awakens in the evening, the African servant tells him that his companion has gone to do what?
(c) Cook dinner
(d) Call for help
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of Harry’s flashbacks, he recalls talking to a member of the Kaiser Jägers above the saw-mill about the fighting on what mountain?
2. Where does the narrator say Harry “had been happiest in the good time of his life”?
3. What comment does Harry make to his companion before saying, “That’s poetry. I’m full of poetry now. Rot and poetry. Rotten poetry”?
4. When Harry’s mistress tells him in the beginning of the story that he’s not going to die, he responds by saying, “Don’t be silly. I’m dying now. Ask those bastards.” What does Harry point to when he says this?
5. When Harry begins dictating to his companion, he describes a bell on a pole by the door of the log house used to do what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)