|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” adapted and produced to film, starring Gregory Peck as Harry?
2. Who is described as Harry’s “femme de ménage” in his descriptions of Paris while dictating to his companion?
3. Harry notes to the woman in the beginning of the story that this is the first time the vultures have done what?
(a) Called out to other birds
(b) Landed on the ground
(c) Eaten the corpse of an antelope
(d) Flown in circles
4. In Harry’s flashback to living in the woodcutter’s house, what large porcelain object is described as filling half the room?
(a) A bathtub
(b) A table
(c) A bed stand
(d) A stove
5. Who is described as having been in the Kaiser Jägers and later went hunting hares with Harry in a flashback in the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many claim that the Dada movement began where?
2. When recalling his heartbreak over losing his first, lost love, Harry recalls picking up a girl outside of what Parisian restaurant?
3. What animals does Harry see from the plane that are described as “big-headed dots seeming to climb as they moved in long fingers across the plain”?
4. Harry’s companion tells him early in the story that she wishes they’d gone to what city that Harry loves instead?
5. Of Harry, the narrator says, “It was not so much that he lied as that” what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)