|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Harry dies in the end of the story, his companion hears what animal stop whimpering and begin to make a strange human sound?
(a) A leopard
(b) A zebra
(c) A hyena
(d) A vulture
2. Harry notes to the woman in the beginning of the story that this is the first time the vultures have done what?
(a) Called out to other birds
(b) Flown in circles
(c) Eaten the corpse of an antelope
(d) Landed on the ground
3. The narrator says that Harry “had chosen to make his living with something else instead of” what?
(a) A hammer and nail
(b) His mind and heart
(c) A suit and tie
(d) A pen or a pencil
4. How many winters does the narrator say Harry lived in the Arlberg?
5. When Harry’s mistress says in the beginning of the story, “Please tell me what I can do,” Harry responds that she can take his leg off or do what?
(a) Leave him alone
(b) Write out his will
(c) Call his daughter
(d) Shoot him
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Harry, the narrator says, “It was never what he had done, but always” what?
2. Who does Harry consider “were dull and they drank too much, or they played too much backgammon”?
3. When dictating to his companion, Harry describes riding a bike up the only asphalted street in his quarter of Paris which led to a tall hotel where who had died?
4. Harry’s companion tells him that they always stayed at what hotel in St. Germain?
5. What kind of tree is Harry’s cot described as sitting under in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)